1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

El Paso Shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well yes, my opinion is what I say it is. Kind of how they work.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I still disagree with that. Stop watching the news and get out more, lots of truly cool culture out there and more people with less animosity towards others than I've seen in my lifetime. The news and the internet is NOT real or an indicator of reality. The majority of people point at the news and laugh or bitch, there is only a minority, a vocal one but minority all the same, that believes that shit.

kevincg likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

DRT is my preference.

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Dead right there/then?

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

But it's such a direct link (the way they see it) in El Paso because of all the rhetoric about immigration and the wall.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ozzy and the like before them. Tipper started her stupid in the mid 80's.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There but then works too.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't totally disagree, it does give them more ammo. I still think he'd be the story for all the reasons I said no matter what his supposed ideology was/is. And overall I wasn't talking about just him but the others they've focused on. I truly don't think the people running things care about anything more than hits/views/clicks which translates to money.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

THIS, expanded. Similar to Thomas Jefferson's quote, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.", there are going to be some sacrifices in a free society. The price of freedom is the acceptance of some risk. No different than choosing to live an exciting life riding motorcycles vs staying at home locked in a safe room, if we are to be a truly free society, we have to understand that sometimes bad stuff happens and there's nothing we can do about it short of giving up our freedoms to an authoritarian government (and in reality, as bad as it is, it pales in comparison to the level of deaths we're willing to accept from lots of other aspects of life: car crashes, overdoses, medical errors, etc).

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

He's also still alive so they can milk the trial, manifesto, and so on for months.

11. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I only managed to find the video from the patio that shows the cops engaging. Didn’t find the one with the little turd getting ventilated. Where it at? The patio video shows one engaging with a rifle. Pretty cool vid, shows the civvies running out of the danger zone and the cops running in.

Great job from the Dayton police in so quickly engaging and eliminating the threat!

I suspect the end of mass shootings will come as we evolve rapid responses to take out these cunts in a minute or less. If you know you can only pop a few people before they take you down, I think these shooters will be a lot less likely to start in the first place.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, that's part of what I said. Him being alive means a long term profit from him so they're going to start building his story asap.

13. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

But they are so insulated from anyone that does not believe in their marxist utopia that they @#@$ up what is normal. This shows in the continual drop in ratings. After the Mueller fiasco CNN/MSNBC lost a ton of viewers as even the leftists saw their reporting for the crap that it is. Yet both have doubled down.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I never said they were very good at it when they start spinning things :D

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The one XFBO posted in the FTP thread shows the guy getting dropped at the entrance to the bar. If at least one of the cops had a rifle, that explains why he went down so quickly. 5.56 will blast through soft body armor like it's not even there.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have no problem with beat cops in areas like that carrying AR's or whatever long gun their department chooses.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Nor do I, but it can be seen as "scary" by people not familiar with guns, and they're kind of a hassle to lug around all the time. But NYPD usually has ESU guys wandering around events, Times Square, and the like in full military style gear and nobody complains.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It'd freak some out at first but others I think would appreciate it. Might cut down on bullshit like throwing water at them too...

cav115 likes this.
  19. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Things are going to get interesting as they are talking about red flag laws due to the Dayton shooter's history. The fiction writings of running kids down with cars from Beto will be a hoot when the media/meme puts it together.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yes. What'll really get interesting is if/when they start trying to actually take away guns. I can see it being extremely likely that this will get abused by vindictive exes, spiteful LEO's, etc than it being used to actually prevent any type of tragedy.