1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ear plugs?

Discussion in 'General' started by brian, Jan 24, 2001.

1. David Boosales

David Boosales Well-Known Member

Definitely wear them. You are risking long term hearing damage if you don't. On a 250 it is painful to not wear them.

I even wear them in the pits during an endurance race. Especially a 24hr.

2. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

WHAT!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha [​IMG]

3. jguyer

jguyer Well-Known Member

Earplugs are a must for me. With plugs in, as soon as the helmet goes on I feel like I'm in my own little world.

4. Zanyeights

Zanyeights Well-Known Member

EXACTLY!!

[​IMG]

5. Number400

Number400 Well-Known Member

I tried using earplugs once...it is really hard to get them out while on the track :-(

I did not like them at all, it was actually hard to concentrate because it was so quiet.

Also, you cannot hear your competitors brake rotors humming with earplugs in...there is something to be said about knowing exactly when the person you are trying to outbrake even touches his/her brakes. I have used that to my advantage.

6. fin1exp

fin1exp Well-Known Member

I tried some earplugs this past weekend and hated them. I guess I should try them a couple more times, but I HATE having things in my ear. It makes me concentrate on my ear rather than on the bike, which could be really bad.
    Eric

7. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

If you don't like the ear plugs try a different type. There are wax, foam, rubber, and cottony ones. Plus there are custom formed ones. Find one you like you will be happier when you can hear when you start running the crusty class [​IMG]