1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dunlop raised their prices.

Discussion in 'General' started by obcbr, Apr 24, 2017.

1. They actually put your bike in reverse if you get into a viscous battle with someone.

2. I agree with this 100%. We are getting much better tires by all brands with significant costs in development, tooling, etc and the increase minus inflation, fx rate changes, etc is minimal.

3. Screw you, my Jeep gets 13 mpg :) I like low oil prices, each of our gas tanks we makes probably averages out to 10kg or so of plastic.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm trying to figure out if an upgrade to a Hemi for the Jeep would be justifiable in fuel economy :D

5. It wouldn't bother me a bit if oil got high enough that gas went back to $4-5/gal. I'd be smiling all the way to the pump. :D

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well last time oil got that high, it sure seemed to hurt the economy and my business was slower. I know for me, I end up spending about 1500 more a month on fuel for my work trucks, that I just have to absorb. So, obviously I hope it doesn't happen.

418 likes this.
  7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

So if oil goes up, Broome gets another bike or two.

But then, the entire economy slows down. Less people to race. MotoAmerica stagnates. Fewer sponsors.

But Broome doesn't have time to post diatribes about how bad the racing has become, because oil is up and he's busier than hell working!

shakazulu12 likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Put that way it kind of seems like an overall win....

:D

9. No fucking shit guys. Good lord, did you not see the ":D" at the end of my post?

Gino230 likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We saw but are enjoying the possibilities.... :crackup:

renegade17 and Gino230 like this.
  11. Ah ok, then carry on. :D

12. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Since we were already picking on him, I wasn't ready to go that far....but way to go for Taking it to the Next Level Mongo!

13. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

Dunlop wants to raise their prices for whatever reason that is fine. But I'll say the same thing here that I said to steve brubaker on Saturday morning, if you're going to charge me more for tires don't send me shit from 2015 when I place my order online.

418, dobr24 and Gorilla George like this.
  14. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

HA! Thats a great point.

15. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

The main reason I switched from Dunlop to another brand.

buzz-06 likes this.
  16. buzz-06

Honestly if the next set I purchase at the track is more than 6 months old, @metricdevilmoto is gonna start getting my money. Don't care how long it takes me to learn a new tire, I'm not paying more money for shit that's been sitting in a warehouse for 2yrs

noles19 and Gorilla George like this.
  17. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Pulled this off the shelf just now. This was in the truck we just got in for the races at NJMP last weekend. Born in the middle of February 2017 in Germany. When you consider the boat ride it took to get to the US and then distribution from the PTNA warehouse to me, this is about as fresh as I can provide, give or take a week or so.

Attached Files:

Gorilla George and buzz-06 like this.
  18. buzz-06

Well I'm trying to give dunlop the benefit of the doubt....the soft I got Saturday morning was dated 1516 and the tires I ordered a month ago are mid 2015. Atleast I know I can get fresh tires off your truck as opposed to shit dunlop couldn't move 2yrs ago.

19. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Of course you would, then you would have 4 more race bikes. LOL

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Stick and Bridgestone has worked really well for me in the past on 600's and 1000's.
    Thinking about throwing a set on the BMW and seeing what I can do.
    Sticks customer service is second to none.
    Miss ya Stick!

Gorilla George and roy826ex like this.