1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumbest TV show of all time!

Discussion in 'General' started by thiam1, Jan 7, 2001.

1. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

And what is normal? [​IMG]

2. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

So I walked into my dining room one day last week and my two sons were sitting at the table, discussing a plan wherein one son would put on two back protectors backwards (over the chest) and the other would shoot him with our potato gun (which will launch a spud 300 feet easy) while a friend video-taped it for submission to Jackass. Daughter one, who has experience with explosives and weapons, was agitated and trying to talk them out of it while daughter two thought it was a great idea.

After I pointed out that the cop who lives two doors down had seen a training film in which someone blows a potato through a car windshield with a potato gun just like ours, they abandoned the idea.

TV is very educational...

3. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Chest protectors would be no good. Possibly something made from steel about 1/4" thick. Oh and have them wear a helmet too, but on backwards in case the sights are a little off. [​IMG]

4. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

It's amazing that so many kids live to become adults these days. You'd MTV (and other stuff on TV) would get more of them killed. The resilience of the human body truly is an amazing thing.

5. julrich

Yeah, but considering the things I did with my streetbike it's a miracle I lived through high school. Generations change; finding ways to enhance risk never changes.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

ooh, ooh, can I tell Chris that if you get the distance right it might not go through the "chest" protector [​IMG]

I liked the shopping cart racing, always wanted to try it sober sometime. Some of the other stuff is just plain stupid. I worry that TV influences dumb people too much, but then I think that as long as they are strictly trying the deadlier things on themselves, is there anything truly wrong about it? Darwinism isn't all that bad is it?

Older I get the more I think that protecting the truly innocent form the dumb is cool but protecting the dumb from themselves shouldn't be done...

7. GSXRGIRL

GSXRGIRL Guest

Did you hear the most recent Darwin award nominee? The guy created a mail bomb and then addressed it to himself by mistake. That's not the worst part, he also wrote "Return to Sender" on the envelope. Needless to say, he was 38 years old. [​IMG]

8. julrich

In fairness, they were just sitting around and discussing it. They weren't out in the yard with the potato gun and video camera loaded...

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yet....

10. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

give them time

11. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

Reminds me of a guy from school two days ago (I don't know him) who wrote a message to someone at another school, talking about me, with my fact card and photo attached, then emailed it to... me! Fortunately for him, he wasn't saying anything bad (which, incidentally proves that he doesn't even know me), so I let embarrassment be his only punishment. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by thiam1 (edited 01-09-2001).]

12. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

>>Yeah, CCS was desperate. They sent another woman and I out to run the crash truck. She had to use her personal truck and trailer to do pickups. I loved picking up the little bikes...the big ones were not so fun. I enjoyed riding around RA though.<<

I know You! (im the guy at pit-out) never did get my gloves back! no prob., im just glad you were there. when the two-ways dont come back then we have a problem. hey thanks again for the help! if you enjoyed it, i am sure we could use the help again this year. (Rd. A. not CCS) at least you didnt loose any bikes with riders off the trailer. anyone remember that guy (forget which event it was)who crashed then loaded his bike on the trailor only to crash again thru turn6 sitting on his bike while it was on the trailor he got thrown off again! LOL

BTW: wheelie hill didnt get levelled after all, they just made it 2' lower and radiused the crest a bit. it will be intresting to see how it effects lap times.

TR

/////

13. GSXRGUY

GSXRGUY Guest

At least they weren't in the garage building bombs [​IMG]

14. GSXRGUY

GSXRGUY Guest

15. GSXRGIRL

GSXRGIRL Guest

I know You! (im the guy at pit-out) never did get my gloves back! no prob., im just glad you were there. when the two-ways dont come back then we have a problem. hey thanks again for the help! if you enjoyed it, i am sure we could use the help again this year. (Rd. A. not CCS) at least you didnt loose any bikes with riders off the trailer. anyone remember that guy (forget which event it was)who crashed then loaded his bike on the trailor only to crash again thru turn6 sitting on his bike while it was on the trailor he got thrown off again! LOL

BTW: wheelie hill didnt get levelled after all, they just made it 2' lower and radiused the crest a bit. it will be intresting to see how it effects lap times.

TR

/////

[/B][/QUOTE]

Hey, now i'm famous!!! [​IMG] I didn't hear about that guy falling off, but I almost fell out of the back of the truck. Yes, I do offer the seat inside with air conditioner to the riders on the way back. [​IMG]

16. GSXRGIRL

GSXRGIRL Guest

Same thing happened to the secretary here at work. She was sending an mean email about her boss to someone but sent it to him instead. She doesn't work under him anymore. [​IMG]

17. GSXRGUY

GSXRGUY Guest

OOPPS [​IMG]

18. GSXRGUY

GSXRGUY Guest

I tried to get GSXRGIRL to give you your gloves back. She's a klepto you know [​IMG]

Just kidding. I do remember the other girl she was working with kept looking for you to give you those back. Sorry I don't remember her name.

19. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

But the question is, do I know you? Do you do just bike events at Road Atl or SCCA, too?

20. David Boosales

David Boosales Well-Known Member

If you people want to see something really stupid, you need to check out www.thespark.com

Basically, they have this jackass who wants to do a "scientific" experiment about athletes foot. So, he goes to a local YMCA in Boston and does a barefoot moonwalk through the showers. Then, he puts plastic bags on his feet for 2 weeks and documents the results with a camera.

The best part of it is that this idiot actually went to Harvard!