1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Desmosedici

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Aug 22, 2019.

1. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Phl218 likes this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I want one of these, but not ready yet... need to sell off some bikes first. About the lowest I've seen them go for is 42ish, so I would be surprised if this one doesnt jump up at the end.

3. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

One of these passed me in my car last week on my commute home. First time ever seeing one being ridden in the wild. Sounded pretty raspy, but good. Could tell as he was coming up it was not a typical street bike.

surfingsk8r likes this.
  4. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

What would win, this thing or the new v4 they just released if ridden by same rider?

Phl218 likes this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Panigale V4. The Desmo is good (for its time), but the bike is circa 2008 I think. Ducati's done alot since then.

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

23 miles in 2 years? Poor thing.

MachineR1, K51000 and sanee like this.
  7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

its so angry it trips the sound meter(s) at Laguna within 1 lap of circulation on a track day.

8. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

I believe it. It's noticeably higher pitched than most bikes you hear on the road.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Surely the new one.

10. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I had the pleasure to rip one of these around CMP back in 2010ish?

Holy fuck these things are amazing.....I wish I could afford this one.

Regarding new bike vs this, a new bike would crush it with same rider. But the glory of riding this, this....this, GP Bike with street lights is un-fucking-believeable.

gixxerboy55 and K51000 like this.
  11. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

What are the service costs? People usually complain they’re astronomical, but, I’ve never seen an actual number.

12. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I would not be surprised if a valve adjustment costs $1600.

ducnut likes this.
  13. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

If y'all haven't seen it, Bike World on youtube is doing a rebuild of one. They haven't put an episode out in a while but still, super rad to watch.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

15. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I never tire of this video. Sounds just like the Indy MotoGP garages with the sound echoing off the buildings.

turbulence likes this.
  16. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I know a guy who bought one. Did the competition exhaust and few other things to it. I think the very next year the BMW S1000RR comes out. He buys one of those too. The S1000RR crushes the Desmo in performance in pretty much all categories. But, you cannot deny the uber coolness factor of the Desmo.

Gorilla George, Phl218 and ducnut like this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I had posted the whole series in the youtube thread but it's been months since they have updated it. I presume they are still waiting on parts to arrive.

This is the episode where they discover the engine is coming out.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    ducnut likes this.
  18. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

A local guy around here bought one with a bad motor or it was already apart or something and rebuilt it. It sounds bad ass that’s for sure. I wanna say he told me he paid 30 or 35k for it.

19. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

What happens when Bridgestone stops manufacturing that special 16" rear tire that comes on this thing?

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You buy a 17in wheel