1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Desmosedici

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Aug 22, 2019.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Good Lawd ammighty ! I just came a little.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I was once a racer before I got old. I'd say old and slow but that would indicate that I got slower as I got older. I've only gotten older..I was always slow.

Gino230, cha0s#242 and Newyork like this.
  3. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Very nice.....that raises another question......if it was a VFR400, and required new gaskets that no one makes, I'm guessing there was an increase in displacement?

4. Venom51

Yep. Built to the limits of the rulebook for D-Super.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Damn, that looks very nice. I have no idea, is it still competative in whatever class it would have to run in today?

I presume it destroys a modern 400 ninja, since it's a 4 cylinder.

6. Venom51

Yep...with someone willing to ride it well it will still do damn well in D-Super. F2 is a little harder on it when a superbike SV with a good rider hits the grid. All the current 400's could only watch it disappear in the distance.

It's a lovely little V4...everything an RC30 is only smaller.

It's sad. They used to build some really neat machinery. It's just too bad no one bought them until after they stopped making them. Same disease people have today...buying the 1000cc monster when they aren't really even a good enough rider to fully use the little 400.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  7. CarrMoto

CarrMoto Well-Known Member

I remember when some guy stole your 749R and took it on track. Not quite as good as the Polen story though. lol

8. Boman Forklift

Think you will ever take her out again?

9. Venom51

Probably not unless it was just a private day with a handful of friends just tooling around for fun.

10. Boman Forklift

Trackday like that would be fun. Really love how great that looks, the swingarm, paint job, even Brooms favorite wheels, etc.

How much horsepower does it put to the ground?

11. Venom51

Makes about 63 Factory Pro HP or about 70 Dynojet HP.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

my quick D16RR story:

I worked at a Ducati dealer for some years here in Nola and was there when Jason Statham was shooting "Expendables." Jason came over one day with his crew of body guard/security people to look around. They brought the D16RR he was to be riding in the film. In the film Jason was naturally going to have a beautiful girl ride on the back. As we all know, the D16RR has a carbon self supporting subframe with no provision for passengers and has the exhaust exit where the passenger's ass would typically be (no race exhaust system installed on this bike).

So the film crew/guys/whoever decided to drill and tap holes into the swingarm to mount a set of generic passenger pegs so the girl could place her ass on the exit of the exhaust system and have a place to put her feet for the shoot. I wanted to cry when I saw it.

Here's a pic of the bike. It's hard to tell, but look where the passenger pegs are mounted. Yikes.

[​IMG]

Newyork, Phl218 and Gino230 like this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Blasphemy! Sacrilegious! All them words!

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That's awesome! I love seeing pretentious things get disrespected. :crackup:

boxcrash, CR750 and Gino230 like this.
  15. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

So how did they get around the fact that the exaust would melt her cheeks off? Or was it a static shot?

I'd probably know if I ever had the desire to watch any Expendables movie, but I'm just not that masochistic......

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The movies are great if you liked 80s-90's action films.

17. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I now dislike that movie even more

boxcrash likes this.
  18. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

You know...never seen the movie lol. If I had to guess the engine wasn't running and they had it on a trailer for the shoot. I really don't know though.

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The crow and skull stickers really flow nice and cleanly with the lines of the Duc I must say.

Like a supermodel with a sleeve tattoo up her arm and a tramp stamp.

20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

You shoulda taken a shot at Statham and see if he’s the real deal. At least you’d have a good story out of it.

R1M370 likes this.