1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donington Park, UK | WSBK 2012 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, May 11, 2012.

1. Vitamin-E

Vitamin-E cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

Just watched WSBK 2002 Imola Edwards vs Bayliss (race 2) again.

I F@CKIN LOVE MOTORCYCLE RACING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Definitely the move of a fighter. Good on Haslam - would like to have seen a better outcome for him.

But Sykes on the box twice over is a-okay, too ;) :up:

Unbelievable Race 2!

3. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

^^
    Gotta agree with you on that one...Rea's move was certainly aggressive and aside from that last incident, overall both races were really exciting to watch!!
    Bummer for BMW though. At least they didn't go home empty handed...

4. caferace

caferace No.

I will, in its entirety. May even post it early. And I did ask him about Biaggi during the grid walk. :D

Scheduled to talk with Leon Monday eve UK time. Apparently Sunday eve Hodgson, Corser, he and Jonny (and others) all went out to dinner and drinks and had a great time, so tempers defused.

-jim

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  5. caferace

caferace No.

6. sandboxshooter

sandboxshooter Well-Known Member

Some of the best racing I've seen in a long time....MotoGP? What's that? :up:

7. Fire929

Fire929 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. That's another reason I enjoy eurosports coverage. The announcers are good. When Whitham and Burnicle do the race it's usually pretty good and you can expect to hear Burnicle just stop commentating and start yelling when the racing is very close.

A few races back (not sure if it was WSBK or BSB) he wasn't saying words at one point just yelling WAAAAAAAAAHHH!!

Ryder and Moody are the best imo when it comes to motogp feeds.

8. ton

ton Arf!

thanks for that!

his take on Melandri's girl is priceless :D

i'd be interested in his (and anyone else involved in BSB) opinion of the new crash-and-you're-done rule in BSB. that sort of thing would really have affected, say, Josh Hayes at Infineon...

9. speedybee43

speedybee43 Well-Known Member

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow, that was amazingly stupid of him.

11. Fire929

Fire929 Well-Known Member

The rider or the owner?

12. Vitamin-E

Vitamin-E cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

I hereby proclaim SBK race 2 of the WSBK European round at Donnington to be:

ONE OF THE GREATEST DING DONG BATTLES OF ALL TIME.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The rider. Breaking a contract like that is stupid in this small of an industry.

14. Chip

Chip Registered

:stupid:

15. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

With Hopper's track record lately, perhaps he thinks he's going to get plenty of opportunities to ride????

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doesn't matter - if he's that willing to jump ship or ignore contract stipulations he's going to have a tough time convincing anyone to hire him. You don't make season long plans around a rider who could bail at any time.

17. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

denning tweeted that he isn't paid and has no contract

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

With the original Kawi team that said he broke the contract? interesting.

19. Thistle

Thistle Well-Known Member

In the statement from MSS Kawi, there was an allusion to a contract being a "written agreement or a handshake". Makes you wonder if it was the later. Either way, it was a pretty poor judgement to not even apprise the team of his intentions.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If he didn't have a signed contract I'll retract what I said - he's still dumb if he didn't talk it over with them ahead of time but not full on stupid :D