1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donald Trump..... Screw the politicians!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by luke738, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He sure as hell intimated they were then backed of a hair.

I think the backlash is ridiculous but Trump being a dumbass in what he says is nothing new.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If they come in illegally then they committed a crime.

Is it that hard to understand?

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Where do you come up with this shit??? :crackup::crackup::crackup:

4. auminer

Your reading skills are astonishing, sir. :rolleyes:

Point to where he specified illegal immigrants.

Let me help you with that: he didn't. Did he mnean to, maybe, who knows. It was probably just a case of his alligator mouth outran his bird brain.

Not exactly presidential material, there. (not that that seems to be a prerequisite when looking back at the last... damn... Reagan was close, but not quite... Kennedy gave a good effort... Ike, maybe?)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  5. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

As you've stated, Trump is not really Presidential material but the reason that he's in second place in the polling is that he's saying things that a hell of a lot of people like to hear. A majority of the people in this country are damn tired of the political games that the liberals are playing with the immigration issue. I can pretty well guarantee that not many, if any, of the Democratic politicians, including Obama, give a rat's ass about any illegal immigrants welfare, or safety, and are cultivating them for votes only.

If the President was actually serious about our immigration policies being enforced he would show some actual effort to start solving them. First, eliminate the source of the problem by closing down the frigging border. Then quit playing the catch and release game and kick their ass out of the country. Does that sound like a proper plan or do you want the issue to stay as it is?

6. ped

ped Banned

It's a wedge issue. Nothing will happen with it because republicans need it to get the base fired up.

7. auminer

And, don't forget, the Dems need them to make anchor babies. (read: future Dem voters)

8. ped

ped Banned

Why would they wait 18 years to get a vote when they just make up names now?

9. daveknievel

daveknievel I love orange kool-aid

I'm tired of all the PC stuff lately. I find it funny that people get all " F that guy! " when he speaks what most people have a problem saying. I have no problem with him offending anyone.

10. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

My opinion.

Trump made a tactical error. An error that a true politician would have not likely have made. Generally speaking - this is a good thing.

A typical politician would have backoff or walked off the comment. Being that Trump is not a politician he maintains true to the original comment.

The fact that Trump is not a politician does not mean that he gets to go pass "go" without any pains. However, the backlash that Trump is getting does not speak well to the health of our Country.

We are turning a page in our history from "accept/toleranance" to "selective tolerance" to "comply."

Social Media outrage and boycotts should caution us to pause and take a deep breath. However, this is not what we are doing. We jumped off the plane are going for terminal velocity. This mindset or current status will be hard to recover.

What Trump said is not entirely without fault. This is why the man is being attacked instead of being challenged on the comment itself.

As a member of a minority that was given a bad name by a few, I don't understand when other minorities get defensive about the truth.

It has never been clear to me why some groups get all defensive when someone that is portraying them in a manner less than stellar get all defensive and hurt.

In the 1980's when some Cubans were involved in the cocaine wars in South FL, they were projecting a negative image on the rest of the Cuban in South FL. The Cubans did not answer by protesting against the truth, against the killing/shooting/convinction of Cubans involved in illegal activities. Most of all, we did not excuse. We celebrated every Cuban that was shot dead or arrested/convicted. It was one less Cuban giving us a bad name. We did our part by becoming a true Citizen (regardless of paperwork).

So, I fail to see what the big outrage is. There is a number of folks coming across the Southern US border that are not representative of every individual that is crossing that border. However, to argue against the numbers is not without fault. And, when it is done strictly along party line or agenda, well that just takes it from illogical to just dumbfounded.

The fact is that we are not getting the very best from Mexico (and other Southern neighbors). This comment is true if one takes it relative to what we are getting from other Nations. A good number of immigration totals includes scholar or students. It does not mean that we don't get illegals from other Countries. Human trafficking is not limited to South America. Asia and the Pacifice contribute largely to the problem but in terms of relative numbers - it is insignificant in comparison.

The Republicans will fail miserably with respect to potetinal voters from the Americas South of our border. On this I am very clear. And near certain, something that I rarely feel or express.

Share values mean nothing. Religion is inconsequential shared value. So, is language as is any other distinction along minorities boundaries. This is why Republicans of minority background do not make a dent in the number. Race, color - it does not matter.

So called racist (racist precints) will elect Republican minorities to represent them. Minorities generally will vote along party line.

The issue that is not understood or is not being acknowledge by both parties is the anti-Imperialistic, anti-American sentiment South of our Borders.

The Democratic Party welcomes this members to their coalition. They welcome any one that will increase the number of the mob as the mob is the power they need to ensure they reach their Statism goals.

The Republican Party conservatism of the Constitution is eroding. The mob is changing. The mob will not turn back to issues of responsibilities and leadership. Why would they? They believe in the State providing and they will sacrifice their freedom to rejoice the burning of the Constitution. And, by burning it does not mean literally. If we take enough liberties with the Constitution - we may as well lit it up. For it is a document without meaning.

11. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

By the way - outside of American born and Cubans, Colombians are my next set of friends that are in significant value and they generally feel the same about the issue of drug dealers. The stigmatism and hurt from those people is something that it is hard to get away with. You won't see to many Colombians protesting the take down of a drug dealer.

12. ped

ped Banned

If you're a good dog they'll sometimes throw a bone in.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  13. ianjoub

ianjoub Well-Known Member

I think I will vote for Trump in the primary. If he gets enough votes, it will at least shake up the Republican party and get them thinking.

14. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I personally think the man is the perfect VP. But that may be below is Ego!

I don't believe that the name on the ticket is of consequence.

The conservative voters have not realized that by staying at home because they don't agree on a single issue with a Candidate is no different than those on the left that vote on single issue.

The race to the polls is about vision. It is about how we look at the Constitution.

15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Trumps biggest mistake is he let the left change his terminology. He meant illegal aliens. Had he used the correct term he could have had a great separator for lawful citizen vs unlawful entrant.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

His biggest mistake was running his mouth for publicity - as usual :D

17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid:

18. ped

ped Banned

No mistake. He made more money doing that than the average earning american makes in an entire lifetime.

19. auminer

20. ped

ped Banned