1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dogfish head beer

Discussion in 'General' started by John LegionST, Jan 19, 2012.

1. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Really with the Spotted Cow? I had it a few times and was not overly impressed with it. I describe it as Milwaukee's Budweiser to my friends back home:crackup:

I looked for the 120 Minute IPA but after a few months searching I've given up. I can get the 60 and 90 pretty regularly.

2. ride4lame

ride4lame Well-Known Member

Dog Fish Head India Brown!

SO good!

3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Comparing a Cream Ale to an IPA needs to account for what they are intending to be.

4. some guy #2

^? I'm not saying it's Budweiser, I just didn't think it was that special and everyone up there seems to drink it so I call it some common beer besides Miller.

5. gsxr03_600

gsxr03_600 Well-Known Member

Go to Taco Mac, I had the 90 min the other nite at the Canton location :beer:

6. diamondj

diamondj Well-Known Member

Bitches Brew was a special they did to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Miles Davis album of the same name. They did two complete brewing cycles but now I think the only place you can get this is in their brewpub and if a store has some bottles left over. They have a "fish finder" on their website that can help you locate retailers that stock their beers:

http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits/fish-finder.htm

Jim

7. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

I think it says a lot to the quality of beer in a state when Spotted Cow is considered a common beer. It fills the "nice, easy drinking ale" category quite well and goes perfect on a warm sunny day after cutting the grass.

8. some guy #2

So the liquor store across from work stopped carrying dog fish!!! Owner said his distributor doesn't get it so I bet I'm not the only one effected.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Indian Brown and 60 min IPA are both on tap at the Vintage Tavern in Smyrna right now (they're rotating the craft stuff so once it's gone it's gone but they do stick with the same breweries a lot).

10. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

Hmmm that's on my way home from work... During happy hour even today... Do they do HO on saturdays?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No happy hour on the craft stuff anyway, still not too expensive. It is smoking on that side but if ou know what you want you can hang on the Zucca side and they'll serve it.

12. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

the 90minute will kick you in your ass

13. RndHoleSqPeg

RndHoleSqPeg Well-Known Member

Have you tried Mac's or Hopcity? Both are in-town and I have no suggestions on where to go for beer in the outskirts of civilization like Marietta.

14. John LegionST

Hopcity? no

HopDevil, MMMmmmmmmmmmmm (but again tough to get down here, from Victory Brewery in PA)

15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

My wife finds Dogfish Head at the local Kroger and Publix. She bought the Brown Ale and Raison D'etre last week.

16. 4 90 Minutes down now off to 60 Minute.

17. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

When we're you at KU? And how did you end up there?

As far as dogfish head in atl, it is all over. It's on tap at most places that have a good selection, and can be bought in six packs at any decent shop. Tower, greene's, toco giant, he'll even whole foods should have 60, 90, and most of the specialties.

18. John LegionST

Who is this? Don't recognize the screen name...

I was at KU from Fall '98 til Fall '02. I grew up outside of Philly and did a lot of motocross racing up that way, so I went to school there. Made it easy for my Dad to pick me up on the way to the races haha.

Nice thanks for the heads up on where to get some DF Head :beer:

19. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Ok, you were there after me, and most of the stories should have been vague rumors by then. I finished in 96 in the tv department and moved to Allentown to work for a lighting shop. I was still freelancing some of the shows in Schaeffer until late n 98.