1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dogfish head beer

Discussion in 'General' started by John LegionST, Jan 19, 2012.

1. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

Drinking some Dogfish Head Bitches Brew that a buddy from back home in Philly got me for Christmas. Loving it.

Anyone else tried it? Anyone know of somewhere to get Dogfish Head down here? (Slim chance I know)

2. shogun

shogun Well-Known Member

Got it here in TN...be really suprised you didn't in GA

3. John LegionST

I see a few select DFH beers here on tap or at the beer store... but not a great selection...

I know I have never seen Bitches Brew here and it is really good!!! That is if you like dark beer...

4. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

90 minute is one of my favorites.:beer: Ive yet to try 120 minute but Ive been told its almost like drinking a bottle of liquor.

5. Tard

Tard Well-Known Member

Yea pretty sure their 90 minute IPA is their best offering, I really dig their Raison D'Etre as well.

6. John LegionST

+1 on the 90 min.

So if there isn't any place to get Bitches Brew down here, any suggestions for a Dark beer that is easily attainable here in Marietta? (Guinness stout is obvious and one of my favorites but I mean besides that)

7. +1 on 90 min

8. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

It's no help but that stuff is all over the Midwest. I love having a liquor store right across the street from work :)

9. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Good stuff. Keep some on hand for bribing your local Thermosman :D

10. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

The 120's are hard to come by and are actually somewhat collectible because of it. They are around 18% abv and are too over the top flavor wise to drink regularly.

11. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I can get it up here.... but I can't get Yuengling. :rolleyes:

I know this is a craft beer thread, but I'm going to be in FL in a few days and I plan on drinking more than my share of Yuengling! :beer: Found out what all the buzz was about 2 years ago, the last time I was down south. I really wish it was available up here.

Sorry for the threadjack, just excited to get the hell out of the frozen tundra for a few days.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  12. John LegionST

really... hmmm I thought it was only available really in the northeast, maybe I need to look harder

DOH, I just drank the last of it and I'm prob going to go up to his place within the next week or so... what else does he like?

Now I want some 120...

It's all good, I got through college (Kutztown Univ. in PA) on Yuengling... great stuff! A case used to cost $14.84 (w/ tax)... yes, to the penny, and that was 10+ years ago... :beer:

13. tracaddict

tracaddict Well-Known Member

World wide stout is my favorite, I don't think they made it this year though. 120 is really good too but you definitely know your drinking a 18% bottle of booze.

14. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Yeah, let us know what the T-man likes. I sent him my HD forks. I'm going to owe him big for all the lovin' he's going to have to put into them to make them good.

15. river rat

river rat Well-Known Member

I've had the 60, 90 and 120. The 60 is by far my fav of the three. The 120 was a little tough to get down

16. John LegionST

HD forks? Couldnt we just duct tape two 2x4's to the legs to improve the ride? :D or better yet just replace the legs altogether with them...

17. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I like the brown ale, 90 minute and some of their seasonals. The 120 is good but as stated above, a bit over the top. Alot of their beers have a fruity taste which just isn't my bag baby.

Scotty87.......
    I'll bring you a shitload of yeungling next time i visit the WI in exchange for equal amounts of New Glarus products.

18. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Deal!

New Glarus is good shit. Spotted Cow, Moon Man, Two Women and Fat Squirrel are some of my favorites. Spotted Cow is still definetely my go-to "good beer" when I'm not swilling cheap crap out in the garage, though. Love that stuff.

19. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

I love pretty much anything dogfish head puts out. The 60 and 90 min are prob my favorite beers period.

20. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Yes. Anything would be better. But after he's done with them I'll be good to go.