1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Does this mean we’ll be treated to some Plarpesque Vicodin visions?

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

They are, but it's only there for a VERY short period. I can piss off 250s/450s if I get my shifts perfect, or I get left behind. It's evil on a short track.

cBJr likes this.
  3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I’m not so sure that’s a treat of any kind. And besides, I’m not taking any of that shit. Bad news is, apparently, you’re not allowed to sell it or give it away. For the first time, I had to sign a form acknowledging that I read the applicable laws and understood that it was illegal to do so. That was a first.

Anyway, foot peg is proper fukt.
    71C45C24-9BC8-4BA5-9714-FDC74417A173.jpeg

pickled egg likes this.
  4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Dang - that peg looks like a piece of modern art.

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Is that a BMW zero-maintenance chain?

pickled egg likes this.
  6. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Good news is you can get rid of that shitty stock footpeg and put a real platform on.

Cheers,

Dave

7. Resident Plarp

It’s a Renthal-branded Regina chain. It looks like shit only because I haven’t felt like cleaning the bike just yet. It’s usually in tip-top shape before the sun goes down on the day of the ride. Don’t judge me (yet)!

I like to OE pegs because the part number are stamped right on ‘em. Makes replacement easy. I think I’ll go for the Akrapovič titanium footpegs because they’re expensive, titanium, and would sheer right off if I were to ever crash in a similar manner.

Sabre699 likes this.
  8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

anyone doing the harescramble in District 6 on Oct 3?

83BSA likes this.
  9. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

just get another OEM foot peg. they are cheap, and work darn good.

10. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Too narrow IMHO. At least for all day standing up, with size 13's supporting 200 lbs on them. They certainly work, and they are economical, but, they can be improved upon, if one is so inclined. I've enough bits and parts that ache at the end of a day of riding without unnecessarily contributing to the carnage. But, that may well be a function of age, miles and whoops. YMMV.

Cheers,

Dave

MELK-MAN likes this.
  11. Resident Plarp

I went with a set of IMS Enduro pegs. They’re set back and down a smidge which won’t be an issue since I can’t corner low (obviously).

12. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Nice. Better grip, somewhat wider, down and back . . . . winners all around. Time to ride!

Cheers,

dave

13. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I’ve got mojo pegs and they are just right. What did you crash Plarp? I have a set of oem KTM pegs laying around.

14. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

cpettit likes this.
  15. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I haven't read the reams of pages since the last time I was in this thread, but I'm just here to say the answer is YZ250.

t500racer and TurboBlew like this.
  16. Fast way pegs have treated me well, have a mix of studs in mine and work very well in all sorts of different terrain. Bit tough on the boots but better than foot slipping off.

17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

regular or X??

18. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

For me the answer was
    300xc TPI....
    Best dirt cycle I’ve ever ridden.

masshole and Spooner like this.
  19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Peg comfort has a lot to do with boot sole stiffness. When I ran MX, I had MX boots. When I got a Trials bike, MX boots were too stiff and had no tread for terrain. I got Trials boots because they have a tread pattern, but the sole is soft enough that standard pegs became uncomfortable. I got wider pegs.

20. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Either.