1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dimebag Darrel!!

Discussion in 'General' started by paperclip, Dec 9, 2004.

1. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

I agree. Looking beyond the fact that he probably saved a few lives by offing the guy, think what this cop had to do during this critical time: Go against the grain of a large, terrified group of people trying to flee, methodically move through that crowd for a set-up shot that would be close enough not to cause any collateral damage to other people, and then closing the deal.

That cop is a pro. :up:

2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I just realised something;

THIS ISN'T RAP! It wouldn't surprise (nor bother) me at all if I found out Snoop Dog got offed by some for whatever reason. See Biggie Small and that other guy for examples.

I doubt you'll hear of Garth Brooks getting offed by Travis Tritt for former fucking the latter's sheep, now would ya? And since when did this shit start happening in rock and roll?

3. mad brad

mad brad Guest

24 years ago to john lennon. it was a 1 in a million thing.

i hope that guy is burning right now.

4. Resident Plarp

Well, John Lennon did preach communism so I'm not surprised he got whacked.

5. mad brad

mad brad Guest

not surprised..... or upset? :D

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

This really sucks. Regardless if the shitlog that killed Dime Bag and others was an Ex Marine, boy scout, heroin junkie or a Solid Gold dance he deserves to rot in hell.

The cop should get a medal and deserves the thanks of every metal head, punk rocker, dancing queen and music fan every where.

This news has put me in a bad mood, ever since Brad told me about it on the phone yesterday.

RIP Darrel.

7. Resident Plarp

Wasn't alive back then, but would have slept better for sure. :)

8. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Trust me, the Columbus Cops know their way to and around the Alrosa Villa!

He did good, though, no doubt!

9. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

A co-worker told me that the "hostage" was Vinnie. True or not?

10. mad brad

mad brad Guest

the hostage was not vinnie. vinnie layed under "kat" his drum tech, who was shot.

kat has been with those guys since the beginning. kat was released from the hospital today.

11. Resident Plarp

The Clit, The Clown - THE CAT!

Time to watch The Vulgar Video. :D

12. mad brad

mad brad Guest

watched it already.

:( i can't believe he's gone.

i drank a "black tooth grin" last night in darrell's honor.

13. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

[soapbox]

I believe your last assertion would be true - that were we to have super-strict gun control, ala the U.K. or Japan, criminals would still have access to guns while law abiding citizens would not.

I Prohibition is a perfect example of this - not only was it completely ineffective at establishing its goals, the only lasting legacy left by Prohibition is organized crime.

High-profile incidents like this often raise awareness of the fact that the United States has one of the highest rates of fire-arm related death in the entire world. This gets people clamoring and shouting about the need for more stringent gun control laws.

However, what they don't tell you is that more than 50% of all gun-related deaths in the U.S. are suicides. (Gun control advocates still misleadingly refer to these deaths as a result of "gun violence" - the assumption is that the deaths are all murder.)

Gun control advocates also argue that people that commit suicide with a gun are much more likely to succeed. Statistically, it is true that people that use guns are more likely to succeed when compared to those that try hanging, swallowing pills, etc. However, Japan, whose firearm-related death rate is almost non-existent (from murder or suicide) has a suicide rate that is more than double that of the U.S. Guns are not causing suicide!

The sad thing is, gun control advocates claim that they want to save lives, and yet I've never seen a single gun-control advocacy group push for increased spending on pro-mental health initiatives. If the majority of firearm-related deaths are self-inflicted, why aren't they pushing for increased funding for the study/prevention of depression?

[/soapbox]

14. Booger Van der Jackass

Booger Van der Jackass Well-Known Member

C-Bus cops are pros! Anybody remember the footage of the C-Bus sniper shooting the pistol out of that lunatic's hand as he sat in a lawn chair in the middle of the street.

15. mad brad

mad brad Guest

here is the band's wedsite, and it has a nice memorial page for darrell.

:(

16. 418

418 Expert #59

Thanks for the link Brad.

I know I said it before, but it really can't be said enough.

The cop here, is a true hero. He did his job, and he did it damn well. Serious respect and admiration on my part.

And you all know me and my views on law enforcement.

17. mad brad

mad brad Guest

here are some eulogies buy metal celebrities, and a memorial.

unbelieveable how many people this man has touched.

18. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Name that guitar riff.

RIP Darrell.

19. Resident Plarp

Five Minutes Alone - not too tough there.

The best thing to do is take Far Beyond Driven, start out with track six and crank it up. Quite possibly the best 40 minutes of metal ever put on one album.

20. mad brad

mad brad Guest

it's "i'm broken" fucknut. :D

anywho..... what an amazing band, and guitar player. and it's also amazing that his brother happens to the finest drummer ever too.

kinda like all those haydens or something.