1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dimebag Darrel!!

Discussion in 'General' started by paperclip, Dec 9, 2004.

1. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yep. and "vulgar display of power" moves me more now, than ever.

i can't believe it.

i hung out with dime and vinnie at a show in charlotte. truly the coolest rocker ever.

i remember a show in charlotte when no one knew who they were. "fuck" was all i could say for an hour after. if the boys in metallica think that they can hold a candle to dime and pantera, they are sadly fooling themselves.

2. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was the 24th anniversary of Lennon's death. However, they were not shot at the exact same minute/hour.

News reports have as being Lennon shot around 11pm; Dimebag was shot a little after 10pm.

Definitely a sad day - he was a genuine badass.

3. ecumike

ecumike Relocated Yankee

Yes, just as sad as the day when SRV died. These 2 dates I'll never forget.

4. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I called in sick to work that day. :(

5. halowords

halowords Well-Known Member

What the hell? The guy's talented, makes music which you enjoy, and then decides to move on once his initial band breaks up and forms another great band, so the obvious way to thank him for making your life better is to SHOOT HIM?!!!!!

What a prick.

-Cheers

6. That cop needs a medal.

7. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Pantera RULES, Darrell was a metal God..... :(

I was lucky to see Pantera in the mid 90's at a local club - none of my friends could go, so I went alone.

I made friends in the mosh pit. :clap: :beer:

Now I feel FUCKING HOSTILE!!!! :mad:

Godspeed......

8. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

If there was ever a band that was real, it was Pantera. Unlike others bands, every show they played was better than the last time around, that was February 1999. I'm sure Damageplan was just as awesome because the Abbot Bro's always gave it everything they had.

Finals week and now this shit. :mad:

9. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Almost every "bad" bar experience I've ever had was at the Alrosa Villa, that place can turn bad in a hurry. The music is always good, though.

The story below that one is just as sad. Hopefully it ends up better..

Godspeed Dimebag.

10. r6rider0311

r6rider0311 Well-Known Member

Dimebag Darrel

I heard it was an ex-marine that killed him?? Can anyone confirm this. I really hope not,thats another black eye we don't need! I'm sorry for the family.

11. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

:stupid:

12. The Machine

The Machine Just lucky I guess

Reports said he was an ex marine, he was discharged from the marines, not honorable, but did not say why
    just f'n senseless, a real loss

13. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Not honorable? Anything less than an honorable D/C = good luck getting a job at McDonald's.

14. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Yeah, that place gets pretty out of hand on a regular basis. The night I went to see Pantera was before their rise to fame and they were the opening band. :eek: :D

That started the trend of walking home because inevitably the people I'd go with would end up leaving early because someone got too drunk or in a fight. :rolleyes:

The mosh pit was fun though and the music was loud and the drinks were cheap. :beer:

15. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Why couldn't he shoot some worthless asshole like Vinnie Vincent or Axl Rose?

16. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

...or himself?

17. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

Competely unsubstantiated hearsay, but witnesses say they thought they heard the shooter blaming Darrel for the break-up prior to shooting him. If so, what a jackass.

18. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Funny, that's what always happened to me! ;) Maybe the people I went with were fighting the people you went with? :D

19. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

It really is sad fellas:mad:

Every time I think about buying a gun....something like this happens. Sometimes I wonder what super-strict gun laws would change:confused:

I think in the end the thugs would still have access....Evil is everywhere!

RIP Mr. Dimebag:(

20. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

That gun didn't do any killing. The person holding it did the killing.