1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dick Mann RIP

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Apr 26, 2021.

1. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Bugsy was pretty cool. RIP.

2. james weaver

james weaver Well-Known Member

i raced vintage motocross ,had dick and jeff smith pass me one on each side, i think they were lapping me tried to stay with them lol. still was a trip being passed, not. often you can say you were passed by champions later race in missouri muddy track and dick got c tossed over the handle bars of that eso cut his head went to emergency ,then came back to the track. i learned a lot following him and jeff smith about raceing in muddy conditions.

3. Norton 357

Norton 357 Well-Known Member

One of my all time favorites. RIP
    The gentleman standing just over Bugs right shoulder is Ted Hubbard, a long time WERA racer. This was Daytona 71
    upload_2021-4-27_15-50-24.png

stk0308 likes this.
  4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

'71 we lived in Germany (my dad's last year in the Army) and missed the race. Gene Romero, Dick Mann, Cal Rayborn.

My parents attended Daytona Bike Week from 1972 through 2001 to make it 30 years straight. My dad's first year was 1948. I still have the program from that year.

5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Saw him ride in the very first Transatlantic Match Races, just realised that was fifty years ago, I think he rode the year after too.

6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Oops, yep. Thanks for the correction.