1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dani needs his own thread

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Jul 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

I wasn’t his biggest fan, but dude can ride.

Thanks for the memories,Pedrobot :cool:

scottn, RichB, tiggen and 5 others like this.
  2. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I joined the haters club when he punted Nicky in 06. Held a grudge for a long time but I'd go so far as to say I'm a fan now.

3. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I think he's come a long way since his "Pedrobot" days, and IMHO has become one of the most genuinely likable guys on the grid.

Can't deny his impact on the sport, even if his purpose throughout his MotoGP career has amounted to keeping the pointy end of the grid honest.......

He will be missed.

stk0308, BigBird, Phl218 and 3 others like this.
  4. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

I figured this was coming. He has had a great career. Lately he just keeps getting hurt. I would hate to see him end up with severe injuries on the downward slope of his career. It will be interesting to see where he races next.

5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

He's going to race to his yacht, where he will sleep on a pile of money, with many beautiful (very tall) wimmens.

scottn, j cal, BigBird and 4 others like this.
  6. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Yup. Best to retire now so he can still bang all those tall Eurosluts. A couple more crashes and this dude might be too broken to bone chicks anymore. Dani seems to gets surgery more often than I change the oil in my car. I was hoping to see him at Yamaha, but I don’t blame him for saying fuck it. He said he can’t push on the Honda anymore because he can’t afford to risk injury, at that point yeah it’s probably better to leave.

Wish he’d have got on the factory Yamaha team when they were looking to replace Jorge.

BigBird likes this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Amazing how much passion evaporated once Repsol Honda was no longer in the picture.

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Yeppers

9. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

I was in that boat too, then that race at Indy where he crashed, got back on passed most of the field and finished (top 10?), made me a fan.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Move over Randy Mamola!

ChemGuy likes this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They do need to stop putting people in the legends group so damn fast. It should be a few years after they fully retire not 10 minutes after they announce they are retiring.

BigBird likes this.
  12. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

So happy he's finally out of Honda. Would have been nice to see him stay somewhere in the field though.

13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

You can try to move Randy but then he just....

Steeltoe likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What's the difference? Either you deserve it, or you don't.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

a few years.

BigBird and XFBO like this.
  16. 418

418 Expert #59

Guy hung on to the best seat in the paddock for wayy too long. Had some great races last few years and showed some grit. But...

He's the Criville of this generation.

And Papa agrees, so there.

Phl218 likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Agree with what? I was just amused that you thought you were some kind of outlaw. :D

18. 418

418 Expert #59

You didn't deny it.

Silence is consent. Or some shit. :D

cajun636 likes this.
  19. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

You knew he was something special in ‘04&’05 and like most American fans, Portugal ‘06 there was tons of emotion and anger that our beloved American champs chances had for the untilmate prize had been lost. This lasted to Valencia when it was clear how much of a stand up guy Pedrosa is.

Man, in ‘12, how could you not have felt so bad when the tire warmer got stuck? Soul crushing, that was his year and you knew it and Aragon in ‘13/‘14(??) when Marc clipped speed sensor. Always so close.

I imagine what a lot of us 20-40 year old fans are feeling now is what ‘93 felt like to a lot of fans then. Grateful to have been able to see one of the best ever. Brno vs Jorge , Jerez vs Jorge, Aragon vs Rossi and many more that I can’t think of right now. Fantastic career and for sure a legend.

Thanks for the memories Dani!!

Phl218 likes this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The discussion wasn't worth having, bro. You're entitled to your opinion, you bad ass. :D