1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dani needs his own thread

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Jul 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. 418

418 Expert #59

Starting shit with you is getting hard with your old age.

Or maybe you've gotten soft. :D

HPPT likes this.
  2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Every fan of two wheel racing -- including the most die-hard Uccios -- should (re)watch Aragon 2015. It may have been only for second place, but oh what a fight it was. Around the outside, around the outside, do-see-do, Doctor.

BigBird likes this.
  3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

That was a good race.

It's also the start of Jesus losing his cool. He later wondered why Dani was fighting so hard (huh??!!!) and when the conspiracy theory was starting to take hold in his mind.

4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Has ANYONE ever had that much juice with one company/factory????

A 13 yr run with a top team having never won a championship, WOW! Sure, granted there were lotsa podiums but dang.

418 likes this.
  5. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

418 likes this.
  6. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Hated the take out over a decade ago but you almost can't help but feel sorry for Dani... Little dude just has a black cloud over his head or something. Over the years we've seen him completely "rag-dolled" during crashes like no other...tough little shit.

cajun636 and Razr like this.
  7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Go easy on papaw. He's growing frail in his latter years.

Mot Okstef and 418 like this.
  8. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Yup, I feel sorry for the guy who spent most of his career riding for one of the best teams and making tons of cash. Poor Dani....lol

MachineR1 and Razr like this.
  9. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

I dont know how he lasted with that ride so long.. glad he is able to walk away from it though. Im trying to remember his best performance and know there was at least one but drawing a blank.. lol

10. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Anyone that thinks Dani didn’t earn his keep as a Spanish rider at a Spanish-based team with a Spanish title sponsor is nucking futs. The dood earned his keep and was all class, even in the most difficult of situations.

mike574, stk0308, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Hate to see him leave entirely but really happy to see a factory seat open up. Especially that one.

418 likes this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

He put in the work, didn't whine and complain like some others. Other than the Hayden incident 12 years ago he's been one of the more drama free riders out there. Just went out there and did his job, people forget just how close he was to winning the championship (several seasons) back in the day if not due to some bad luck that pulled the rug out from under him.

Except Jorgay took it before Dani even made the official announcement.

BigBird, Razr and Bloodhound like this.
  13. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

...and also spanning from 2005 to 2016 he hasn't finished lower than 6th in the points but never got his own title even though the guys injury list is comparable to a Hollywood stuntmans.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

He won't last.

cajun636 likes this.
  15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Japan, a couple of years ago, drying conditions. He preserved his tyres going through the wet patches and passed everyone.

deepsxepa likes this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did he do something to you, or are you some kind of religious authority? :D

Razr and deepsxepa like this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Kiss it, Renée.

18. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I will miss him.

19. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Yes and yes, but you have yet to be forgiven... :bow:

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Nice guy, but largely forgettable, unfortunately. I won't even remember his name in a couple years. Cold but true :)