1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damn, we're coming up on

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Dec 8, 2020.

1. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

I believe they moved there in the early 90's.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Probably, they were there the first year I went to the 200 which was 92 or so.

3. Exactly.

That’s one of the best things about this place. It doesn’t matter if you are wondering about vehicles, or TVs, or welding, or electrical wiring, guns, or oil drilling...no matter what the subject, there is someone on here who specializes in it and can help.

gixer1100, Banditracer and BigBird like this.
  4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

You're our resident bottled water expert. :D

YamahaRick and Gorilla George like this.
  5. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

6. spoon32

spoon32 Huh???

Does anyone else think the BBS missed the mark as being the original Reddit? I mean the amount of random and unrelated threads I've seen even during my tenure is remarkable.
    Hell Mongo could have retired by now by marketing this stuff.

7. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Anyone know how they mass produce the frozen chicken Kiev? Do they form the chicken around the butter? Do they shoot the butter into a pre-molded chicken? How does that happen? Wife & kids started trying to figure it out during dinner. I tried a quick google search but came up empty.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Freeze the kiev butter into a block and then mold the chicken around it, bread it and then flash freeze it.

That was years ago for the airlines, most likely the same for the mass produced stuff.

Can't find the premade kiev around here, just the broccoli and the cordon bleu. :D

9. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Cooked the chicken then molded it around a form, injected a butter/oil mix then flash froze. It was pretty neat to watch but tasted like shit.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No, no man, no.

Do what I said next time. The butter log is the way to go with Kiev and also the butter for a butter burger and steak.

Just don't bread the chicken before you stick it in the freezer to firm it up. once it feels a bit fire (not fully frozen), bread it and cook it up. Make so you "seal" it up as much as possible. Once it looks done, stick it in the oven to finish it.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020