1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Motocycle Paint + Race Bodywork

Discussion in 'Other' started by D-Swens, Jul 25, 2008.

1. ital0502

ital0502 Well-Known Member

AMAZING work bro! I like the scheme on the 2 stroker (nsr?). Possible to do that on a 1kRR w/ yellow # plates instead of white? How much and turnaround?

2. D-Swens

D-Swens sniffin paint fumes

sorry for the delayed response, just got back from VIR.
    Thanks a lot...yea definately possible, anything is possible and actually easier on the bigger bikes. Turn around is generally 4 - 6 days out the door, but I prefer u to allow for up to 10 business days before races/trackdays incase things get complicated. I can get your stuff out the door in 24 hrs. for a rush charge...
    P.M. sent on pricing...

3. Boosted521

Boosted521 Well-Known Member

emailed you.

4. D-Swens

back at you...let me know:up:

5. D-Swens

Just an update:
    I have started working with a new repair process. I can repair your fiber glass cracks with carbon fiber and carbon/kevlar hybrid materials. This is a great advantage for both the strength and durrability of the repairs, and reducing added weight to the bike as compared to just re-glassing the inside of the piece.
    I developed this process on my own through a lot of research and practice, and it seems to turn out really awesome so far. The carbon fiber repairs are VERY strong and add almost no weight. If your stuff if pretty banged up and you want to save it, I'd say this is definately the way to go.

6. D-Swens

a lot of bikes left the shop in the last few weeks, so hopefully I can have some more pics up here soon if anybody needs to see some more refferences...

Attached Files:

7. D-Swens

I paint street bikes as well if anybody needs anything...(basic repair or bling bling:Poke:)

Attached Files:

8. D-Swens

Some recent Duc Work...

Attached Files:

9. D-Swens

I can offer you a set of brand new Attack Performance high-end bodywork with a paint job like this for about $1200 total...

Attached Files:

10. D-Swens

these are a few examples of stock bodywork/gas tank matches...so they will bolt right up and go perfect with your OEM gas tank:
    can be done with pretty much any bike in any color...

Attached Files:

11. BearcatRR

BearcatRR Well-Known Member

Let me know your price for this paint scheme on an 06 1000RR as well as your price on a set of sharkskins for the same bike. Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. D-Swens

pm sent...
    price quotes on bodywork and paint included...
    lemme know, looks like a cool paint job:beer:

13. Morph_of_tc

Morph_of_tc Well-Known Member

Bump for a great painter

14. ital0502

ital0502 Well-Known Member

BUMP for some beautiful work. A soon as I sell the RC... I'm all over gettin the body work and paint from ya!

15. D-Swens

Thanks Morph...hope the season is going well:up:

16. D-Swens

thanks...hope the RC sells soon, things are starting to get slow around the shop this time of year...

Perfect time for very fast work and the best prices:beer:

17. Tiffanator

Tiffanator Z1000 Chicky

Man I wish you were local around here. A friend of my brother owns a auto body shop here in town and told me it would be 400 just to paint the tank, tail, headlight bucket, front fender and rear hugger on my Z1000 plain black. Over double that for a PPG metallic color. Your prices seem so much more reasonable than his and he's a friend. I was really wanting to get a custom scheme on my bike, but I would be looking at a $3,000 or more price tag for it. :eek: I wish I could paint.

18. D-Swens

Thanks man, I appreciate it. There is that old saying, "good paint jobs are cheap, and cheap paint jobs aren't good", but I still try to keep it as fair as possible. I know that $400 for a plain black seems like a lot, but there is a lot more work and cost that goes into a nice paint job behind the scenes than most people realize. To be completely honest I probably couldn't do it much cheaper on a street bike.
    One thing to keep in mind is that most of the prices that I quote up here on this board are for race bikes and track bikes. I really trim the bottom line on prices to help out the racers and track guys because I know how expensive this sport is. I do charge a bit more for street bikes because I kick the quality up another notch and wet/sand buff everything to flawless condition.
    That being said, I could still give you about the baddest paint job a Z1000 has ever had for about $1500. That would include a full custom scheme with any custom metalics, Candy paints, custom airbrush work and show quality clear coat...
    Stick your parts in the mail...there isn't that much to a Z1000, you could probably get it shipped here and back for under $100. Lemme know if I can help you out...

19. superbike2001

superbike2001 Well-Known Member

20. D-Swens

pm's returned...

best time of year to get fast turn around:beer: