1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Motocycle Paint + Race Bodywork

Discussion in 'Other' started by D-Swens, Jul 25, 2008.

1. D-Swens

D-Swens sniffin paint fumes

just shot you an email so now you've got it:up:
    See you tomorrow man:beer:

2. D-Swens

Thanks a million. I am sincerely flattered by such a compliment from a person who knows the industry:bow:

I don't really bake in the booth all that much, sometimes I turn the heat lights on and blow hot air, and use heat guns ext. depending on air temps and weather and stuff.
    It has just taken years of practice to learn about the specific airflow on all of these aerodynamic parts from each bike and how to best set them up and spray them (from different angels and air pressures ect.) but it is starting to pay off in the results I guess.
    With the complicated shapes of these parts it can be a straight battle to achieve high quality finishes without blemishes, and runs do still happen every now and again. But as you said, from then its all about the buffing and rubbing to make it look perfect, just a lot more work.

Thanks a lot though:up:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  3. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

drew does nice work, very thorough and proffesional

4. D-Swens

Little signature pieces of artwork can be added on fenders, gas tank covers, and uppers for just a few bucks more on the paint job:up:

Attached Files:

5. D-Swens

For everyone that is asking...

Asside from selling new bodywork, YES I do all types of repairs including rashed and cracked up fiberglass, cracked and rashed OEM plastics, dents in gas tanks ect...
    Even custom sheet metal work, custom tanks, and custom fiberglass work as well if you need any of that, both structural and cosmetic

I'd be glad to talk with you about wether it would be more cost effective to repair and repaint crash damage, or buy new...

6. bcc

bcc painter /fabricator

awesome stuff man , i don't think people understand the quality you are giving them for such low prices considering the work involved.

good stuff !

7. D-Swens

Thanks a lot:beer: there are A LOT of hours in most of these paint jobs to separate them from the pack, its very nice to hear when people recognize that, its appreciated

A lot of really cool bikes left the shop last week...should have dozens of new pics of awesome stuff coming this week. THANKS AGAIN WERA RACERS, REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYBODY AT THE TRACK THIS COMING SEASON:beer:

Attached Files:

8. desiryderz

desiryderz Trackday Junkie :)

3 colors? what would be price range? Thanks..

9. D-Swens

Unfortunately pricing isn't quite that easy, I wish it was...
    Because of the "custom" nature of what I do, pricing is mostly dependent on the complexity of the design and the specific colors chosen, and not as much in the amount of different colors (unless that adds a lot of complexity). Three separate colors on separate pieces is pretty much almost as easy as all the same color (ie blue upper and tail, black lower, black fender). Many layers of taped out graphics, fades, lots of pinstripping ect raises the price, but makes the jobs look a lot cooler:Poke:

For example the yosh replica job below, with high $$ blue pearl paint, cost around $550 with all the colors and graphics done in paint (not the "R" logo), so something of that complexity would be around that price range. Different colors could reduce that type of thing to around the $450 range...and slightly more simple stuff can cost even less, towards $350ish...

If you've got some ideas it is best to shoot me an email or better still give me a call...I can talk to you about your options of how to make it look the best possible, and how to save a few $$ with paint choices and still get the effects you want:Poke:

10. BUTTER RIDE

BUTTER RIDE Member

FOR THE RECORD EVERYBODY SWENSON IS THE BEST:up:

11. D-Swens

Thats gotta be you Anthony?

Can't wait to get pics of your bike up on here...should be done on Monday:up:

12. BUTTER RIDE

BUTTER RIDE Member

HEY DREW YOUR RIGHT ITS ANTHONY.I WILL POST THE PICS WHEN EVERYTHING IS DONE AND YOUR PHONE WILL RING ALL DAY AND NIGHT FOR YOUR DREW REPLICA'S.:beer:

13. ckruzel

some more pictures of drews paint work and a couple of my decals on it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

custom name decal on the back of the seat area

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. selztoad

selztoad Well-Known Member

Andrew is a stand up guy he has spent a couple of HOURS on the phone with me about what kind of paint job to get! Good thing he doesnt charge for phone support, you dont right Andrew :)

15. hatchet

hatchet CCS/LRRS271

Can you pm with a price on the Duc work .:up:

16. D-Swens

2 Complete sets that just left the shop this week.:up:

All color changes, number plates, and the bull cartoons are done in paint, all the numbers, sponsor logos, and the Rossi Dog are Chris Kruzel's masterful vinyl work. When we team up good things can happen:up:

Thanks a lot guys for giving me the time to work and get these bikes looking like we wanted. Thanks again WERA racers for all the support.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  17. BUTTER RIDE

BUTTER RIDE Member

THANKS AGAIN DREW YOU ARE THE BEST. CANT WAIT TO MOUNT THE BULL.:up:

18. ckruzel

some more pictures of drews work with some of my decals on it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

Looks like something that is in my garage! Hmmmm!

I smell something fishy around here. Maybe some one was admiring my bike a little too much. Interesting how I never saw this replica until after mine was out-n-around the track....

:D

Attached Files:

20. D-Swens

To be honest I really don't see any resemblance at all...

I'd say chances are mildly greater that his inspiration to Paint his HONDA the Corona route came from the Team Corona Honda bike rather than yours:Poke:

This bike was for a client that lives out in CO, so you guys won't have to worry about any of those awkward "i wore the same thing as that guy" moments at the track:up:.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008