1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crf 100 carb settings

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by mb17, Apr 26, 2012.

1. mb17

mb17 Broughton859

I have a 2007 crf 100 as a mini moto and I'm struggling with my carb settings. Due to a leaky petcock and prob bad gas from storage for winter which I plan to fix.

Current setting
    Stock main jet 98 3 notches out
    38 pilot idle jet at 2 3/8 out
    2 turns out on air fuel screw
    1000 feet elevation

It's still not running right and everything is stock. It's actually increasing the throttle and idle speeds without me moving the throttle. I'm hopping some one has a good setting I can start from or recommend me to try different jets.

Thanks

2. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

Don't know how the 1000' of elevation will change things but at sea level a 40 pilot and 100 main worked well with the airbox for me.

What are you talking about notches out on the pilot and main jet?

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

my crf doesnt have a mixture screw. And Im positive there are no adjustments on the jets or exterior of mine. At sea level I run a 105 main. I run the needle in the middle position.

4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Check to see if you have an air leak at the manifold. Spay some carb cleaner on the manifold while it is running and see if the idle goes up. If it does then replace the gaskets. Rule of thumb is reduce the main jet by one point for every 1000 foot above sea level. Your 98 is prob pretty close.

5. mb17

mb17 Broughton859

Notches on the main jet And turns on the pilot. What do u currently have your set at?

6. ACDNate

Ok i think you're talking about the Needle, not the main jet.

Main Jet
    [​IMG]

Needle
    [​IMG]

Mine worked out in the center.

As for what you call the "Pilot", start at 2 turns out and follow the idle drop procedure in the manual and you'll get it pretty close.

7. ACDNate

If you are looking at your carb bowl (ie holding carb upside down), you'll see a flat head screw that isn't holding the bowl on. That's what I refer to as the mixture screw. It may actually be called the pilot screw, but I don't have a manual handy.

8. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

If your adjusting the main jet that is your problem! You change it not adjust it! Its not adjustable like a mixture screw.

If its revving on its own you may have a air leak some where near the carb like the boot.

9. TurboBlew

only screw I have on the bottom is the float drain screw. No adjusting that unless you want to leak gas. My 80 and 70 have mixture screws... but the 100 is "jet it and forget it":rock:

10. TurboBlew

im thinking you have an 80 carb on your bike. They are pretty close in size but the 80 has the mixture screw.

11. raddad13

raddad13 Well-Known Member

The 100 has one also, its one the bottom of the carb , all the way forward.

12. ACDNate

My 2005 CRF100 had the stock carb on it and the 2005-2007 Honda service manual gives instructions on doing a idle drop procedure for tuning. The service manual gives those instructions for both the 80 and 100, which are both addressed in the same service manual. Yeah I know, who buys a factory service manual for a mini bike :D

You sure you don't have the wrong carb on yours?

13. ACDNate

See pic. This is a screen grab from a service manual. Mixture screw circled in red...

Attached Files:

14. TurboBlew

looked last night...mines epoxied over for some reason. :mad:

15. ACDNate

Weird. Did it come that way from the factory or are you not the first owner?

16. TurboBlew

Im assuming the previous owner did it. They bought it new in 2008.

17. mb17

mb17 Broughton859

I think that's my problem. I dont have a screw where you circled. It looks like its plugged though. Does the screw go on top of where you circled because I don't have any grooves or anything where it looks like something is suppose to screw in.

18. Elsinore

Elsinore Well-Known Member

2005 and up CRF100's DO NOT have a mixture screw.
    Plugged at the factory.
    We now re-join our regular scheduled broadcasting.

19. ACDNate

Hmmm, my 2005 was open. I can't say for certain the po didn't open it up but there were no scratches or scuffs to indicate it was opened up.

20. Elsinore

Elsinore Well-Known Member

reference diagram page 5-12 of Honda OEM Service manual:
    "After '05" (I don't have .jpg to share, sorry)

I couldn't tell if that included 2005 or they made the change in 2006.
    So you might have confirmed that 2005 did in fact still have it.
    I have a 2007 and definetly no pilot screw.
    Should also mention that they changed the needle to only a single clip so there's no adjustment.