1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nobody is testing “everyone”, not even the US.

But from what I’ve gathered, if someone is sick, they get tested. They even have the kits to test for it in the littleass clinic in Takoradi.

2. I know it was 2 days ago. I was over it and had forgotten about it, till Mongo quoted it.

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Have her call for cancellations. I had a pretty big cyst on my back and wasn't due for the minor surgery until next Tuesday. I called Monday morning begging for a slot if somebody cancelled and they said , yeah, we have lots of cancellations. When I went it Tuesday morning, I was the only person in the dermatologists office. I now have a wonderful 16 stitches in my back, but it's done. I was worried they might shut everything down by next week.

4. Or possibly your friend needs to get his head out of his ass?

I personally know 6 people that have been tested in Ghana just in the last week.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm guessing neither of you knows everyone in Ghana.

6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

who knows anyone there besides that many people who’ve already been tested. No wonder you feel like crap bro. lol.

jrsamples likes this.
  7. Shoulder surgery part 2 canceled and not rescheduled as of now. Just got first load of 200 bales of pine straw dropped off this am. Now only 2 more loads of 200 and I’ll be done. Should be a great time with the shoulder. Fml I hate this stuff. Figured I’ve been pretty positive through this whole thing so I need to bitch. Positive note heard a coyote howling this am which is odd around here at this time. They were feasting on a fawn, well 2 less are now feasting so that brightens up my 75 and sunny day all the more. Used the new to me kel-tec PLR 223. I was able to get close enough to get a decent shot but did have my 308 as well. Kind of digging the Canadian red neck lifestyle I’ve become accustomed to :)

cav115 likes this.
  8. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Omg. Love the PLR-16. Most fun AR style pistol. Looks awesome with a beta mag and an eotech on it. So fucking loud and such a long flame.

9. Root canals, and stuff like that are considered essential treatment. My next door neighbor(s- him and his wife are dentists) and all they are doing are essential procedures. All regular cleanings, etc are put on hold. I am not sure if that was mandated by govt or they are just being smart. Knowing them they are probably more worried about their staff than anything else, they are good people like that with common sense. He’s also done a few house visits to check people out that are t as mobile to see if it’s something minor he can safely do or shuttle them back and forth to their office. He wears proper PPE, especially going on visits etc but kudos to them for going above and beyond during all this. Made me very happy they were doing their part to take care of the sick in as safe of a manner possible while caring about their people and ones around us. They will also pay their staff and said whatever money govt subsidizes they can return whatever but I cannot see not paying my people who have been loyal to me. I’m sure not every business owner can afford to do that though and I realize that. They are both 6O ish and could’ve retired at 55 so they now only work 4 days a week so they have that cash flow. Even said to me that he doesn’t want to offend me by saying it but if for some reason I run into a jam financially or anything else to please ask. He knows I’m not working at the moment but for all he knows I’m not getting paid. I don’t share that info except on the bbs :)

10. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I get to take 3 weeks of furlough from work. It can be taken in one week increments. I'm excited about it but I also have enough vacation to cover it. In 2009 we had to take 4 weeks all at once; I resided my house. This time I'm planning to get some of my motorcycle projects completed.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

12. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

jrsamples likes this.
  13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

cav115 likes this.
  14. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Hire neighborhood kids that are bored off their asses to put it down. Of course it sounds like you may be pretty far from the local bored high school kids.

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I guess what he's saying is if you're going to shoot someone please try and make it a killshot so the victim has to go straight to the morgue.

[​IMG]

16. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Congratulations. My friend works on a farm, not in the rig biz.

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The WHO tests have a 48% error rate. That's why they weren't used in the US.

cav115 likes this.
  18. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I love The Who, the Guess Who too.

19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Oh yeah, I will take some "America Woman" and "Undun".

20. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

I’m 99% sure this is what was going around at Christmas/New years. Most of the people I know had it and it was the same symptoms. Coughing/chest pain, migraine headache from sinus pain, extreme fatigue. I was knocked out for almost 2 weeks. Now they just know what it is and have a test for it instead of telling us it’s a viral infection/the flu and to go home, rest, and stay hydrated.

With travel as easy as it is this stuff spreads faster than we know or can detect it. Until multiple people die from the same symptoms in an area we just go on with life as normal.

Phl218 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.