1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It’s funny, because I never get sick. Besides getting that Legionnella bullshit, I have only been sick a few times since college. That’s a benefit of traveling the world, I’ve been exposed to so much shit that my immune system is awesome.

But back in January I came down with some shit that kicked my ass. It started with a dry, uselessass cough, then it was flu like symptoms. Whole body aches, etc. I ran a fever for several days.

It got to the point that my lungs were so filled with shit, I couldn’t sleep because the wheezing/gargling noise with every breath aggravated the fuck out of me.

I had no idea what it was, had never felt like that before. I didn’t go to the doc, didn’t even take any medicine. I just dealt with it and after about a week or so I started to feel better.

Might just be a coincidence, and it could have been something else. But it wouldn’t surprise me if this shit has been floating around for a while.

tony 340 likes this.
  2. The bad part is that it has already gone through another mutation.

It went through one big mutation, that allowed it to make the jump from animals to humans. Now it has undergone another one. They already know they are fighting 2 different strands (“S” and “L”).

Supposedly if we don’t get it under control before it undergoes another mutation, shit is going to get bad (worse).

3. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

Oh ya, I forgot about the fever too.

We all had it but with more toilet paper on the store shelves.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Everyone is now kind of going back and re-imagining how they were feeling earlier this year now that we have the knowledge that the virus was actually a thing since like late Nov/early Dec. And Wuhan is a major travel hub for all of SE Asia and the world. I was in Japan Jan 4-10th. There's no shortage of travel between Tokyo and the major cities in China. The first "official" case of COVID-19 went to hospital on Jan 10th in Japan......but on my flight back on the 10th I did start having a dry cough and some body aches by the time I got home. I just popped cough drops for a cough days and it was gone in about 1/2 a week. But since no one else I was around for all that time over there or here seems to have come down with anything I'm doubting that that was it.

5. I have access to enough labor but ones I’d trust to do it are already scooped up. Pine straw is one of those things that needs to be done right and the few id trust are already working on stuff either at jobs or for their parents / other people. There are only a handful that give me hope in our future. I actually have a couple good hard working high school kids in my hood. One just bought a left over 19 crf250l cash he’d saved up. I actually bought him a fuel tuner for it and I’ll just give it to him. He doesn’t know that yet.

Phl218 likes this.
  6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

My daughter got whatever was going around then too. The rest of us never got more than a slight sniffle and runny nose, but she was absolutely floored for a week, and needed another to fully recover. We just figured it was the flu and chalked it up to the fact that she didn't get the flu shot, but the wife, my son, and I did.

7. fresh meat

fresh meat Active Member

I too know of a large group of people who were sick with similar symptoms around Christmas/New Years. There should be an antibody blood test they could do to confirm if someone has previously had it, wonder if anyone has done such a test yet.

Phl218 likes this.
  8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Yeah...I had the flu for Christmas and it knocked me down for five days and ragged me out a couple after.

9. From the guys who went through a few days ago, entering the US from EU or the UK is a huge pain in the balls.

Lines for days, multiple interviews, screenings, etc. resulting in missed connections.

I was hoping to go direct ACC-JFK and bypass that shit, but they couldn’t make it work. So I’ll be traveling through London.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Say hi to the Queen for us.

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. It’s the other way around.

People are telling her “Say hi to Broome for us”. :D

cav115 and Fonda Dix like this.
  12. Watch, the next panic buy spree is going to be for body spray.

Now that all the shitwipe is gone, people will be looking to cover up that smell of swampass.

13. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

For the life of me, how da fug can you have swamp ass when a mo-fo is sheltering in place?
    The appropriate order is shit & shower. :rolleyes:

14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Take the drain cover off and you really don't even have to seperate those two if times get really tough.

Metalhead likes this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That's almost Dave K worthy.

speedluvn likes this.
  16. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Reading some of the threads here lately we are way beyond that period. I’m surprised we don’t have a cannibalism thread. Or someone donating their carcass to the masses to be consumed.

brex likes this.
  17. Fuckinhell :crackup:

18. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

can we nominate beeber’s??

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Someone has never heard of waffle stomping...

Metalhead, renegade17 and Funkm05 like this.
  20. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

:crackup::crackup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.