1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, effective once it's law.

2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

A Concurrent Resolution terminating the March 6, 2020, Proclamation of Disaster Emergency issued under the hand and Seal of the Governor, Thomas Westerman Wolf.

Thats the bill verbiage....

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

But bills don’t become laws without the signature of the chief executive.

From the quick reading I did this morning after you posted it, being a rescission of an emergency order may not follow legislative norms and the vote of the legislature is sufficient. But like @rd49 said, it’s gonna be challenged in court and likely held up by injunction until its adjudicated.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No time to go check but don't know of any options for a congress at any level to make anything go straight into effect without an executive branch signing off on it or overturning a veto.

Ducti89 likes this.
  5. Ducti89

I agree.

6. Ducti89

I also agree. State governments have some loopholes that the feds dont. Ill default and say Wolf has to sign off or veto it. Got my hopes up too soon as much of my off track hobbies are in PA.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Alamance county NC. Local dirt track has been running races, about 2,000 people in attendance.

Governor got all pissed off and ordered the Sheriff to shut him down. Sheriff told Governor to fk off.

Track owner this past weekend put up a sign saying the race was also a protest for George Floyd and therefore free speech. The track was packed again.

Governor is beside himself and has now used the health department to force the track to close.

We'll see what happens this weekend :D

R Acree and Ducti89 like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Totally understand and my hopes are right in line with yours :D

Ducti89 likes this.
  9. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

That's f'ing awesome! Any non-biased news sources covering this? Not about to go to WRAL.

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Have you looked around lately......welcome to clown world :D

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Probably can search for Ace Speedway. I'm surprised the main stream hasn't picked up on it but I also wonder how many other small local venues around the country are in a similar fight?

The George Floyd memorial move was pure genius though. :D

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I gotta say about all the changing recommendations (not particularly about WHO) over the past three months or so: I prefer dealing with people/organizations that adjust their thinking as they gather more data and information than the opposite. I don't know about y'all, but I'm good with not getting the same instructions people were getting 2000 years ago because it's the only truth and that knowledge is final.

Jed and KrooklynSV like this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, that shit is hilarious. :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The problem is their statement of absolutes and the decisions made on those statements. If they'd come out and said "hey, this is all we know so far and we're not sure what the final outcome will be" I'd have been totally fine with it. If they'd shut down the states due to hospitals getting close to being overrun I'd have been cool with that. If they'd have rules for interacting based on real data I'd be cool with that. If the health departments hadn't gone full retard when they got a little power and made up lies then put them out as absolutes to get the politicians to go full retard we wouldn't be near as fucked as we are right now...

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fake news. :rolleyes:

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Sweden
    Belarus
    South Korea
    Netherlands

It's tough to find a list of all the nations which didn't shutdown willy nilly. Almost like somebody wants the data to be seen... :rolleyes:

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I haven't watched lately but I kind of wonder if the local CBS station is still doing their hourly covid updates to keep things stirred up.

18. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

There is no such thing.

sdg likes this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

DC news switched to a 40/40/10 split of Kung Flu/ riots/ DC sports and weather.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's still impossible to get the number of people actually hospitalized due to Covid-19 in GA. All they have shown is the number of beds in the regular wards, ER, and ICU available along with respirators available. Of course the number of beds open is dropping since they're allowing procedures again but the number of open respirators isn't. Number if deaths is still dropping daily even with the number of new cases going up and down since they finally started testing more. Oddly enough the number of positive tests is down to 8.7% since they ramped up testing from a pretty steady 20% when they limited it to only those who were really sick with lung issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.