1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The "researchers" just retracted their research :crackup:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ct-lancet-study-linking-malaria-drug-to-risks

2. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

But, but, but it was peer reviewed and evertythang.

3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter. Folks like kalifornia Karen will stick to the old story.

G 97 likes this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Stop rejecting what the science is telling you.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That's how the world works these days......that age old saying went "“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

7. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Including the person telling it.

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Well, it was post-peer reviewed.

The system still works.

Still beats the hell out of what your favourite talk radio is doing.... :D

scottn likes this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What would that be, exactly?

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

This statement aged well. :crackup:

11. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

It only works if you ignore the fact the disinformation was used to deter people from recovering from a virus during a pandemic.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

13. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Blaming "science" for misstatements of individual (or even a group of) scientists, no matter how well publicized they are, is a sure sign that one doesn't understand how science works. And it's deliciously ironic when such blame is cast by way of a keyboard or touch-screen attached to a computing device which is connected (often wirelessly) to a global Internet.

KrooklynSV, pscook and scottn like this.
  14. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

All you need to know that chloroquine works (or that the virus was engineered) is for the president (or Sec State) to say so.
    Then, almost instantly there will be numerous youtube posts to back it up. Kinda brilliant, in a Orwellian fashion.

pscook and scottn like this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think most know how science is supposed to work. What is evident is that some are working to target the results to suit a desired outcome because way too many will accept the phrase scientific study as an absolute truth.

cav115 and baconologist like this.
  16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Like how lots of Pasteur units of heat are required to kill a coronavirus?
    Then they really don't understand science, because that's a non sequitur.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yet here you are, after swallowing hook, line and sinker the words of “science” despite the glaring contradiction with reality...and your mea culpa is to continue to mock those of us who saw through the thinly veiled obfuscation.

When do you get your Nobel, Dr. Sapsis?

cav115 likes this.
  18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

"Science" in the current day and age is now tainted like so many things by the 2 biggest corruptors......money and politics.

I don't know how far back in time this influence has gone but when scientific research outcomes can be swayed so much by who is footing the bill then it truly is junk science. It's one thing if you come up with honest outcomes that are later proven to be inaccurate, and the data findings are updated etc.....that's how science works. It's another when you intentionally put out false findings due to monetary or political influence/pressure.

baconologist likes this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I can't help you with your OCD, Dave. I apologize for not being as mind numbingly precise as you are. Most understood exactly what I meant.
    I believe the issue is they do understand how it is supposed to work, they simply don't see that it has been co-opted to fit someone's agenda.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Nothing like simply ignoring the actual results that have directly been seen first hand because:

The science has been settled.
    Everything has already been concluded because of science.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.