1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

PCP is a hellava drug.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

4. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

5. R1Racer99

I take it back, I spelled his name wrong. It does come up on Google to another site that looks exactly the same with another name. Still no credentials though.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You're a good little soldier.

7. R1Racer99

I don’t know what that means but okay. Does the guy you’re quoting have a single credential other than multiple nutty clickbait blog websites?

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I got a chuckle from this....
    Talked to the mail man the other day he said...

There is 5 types of customers since the “rona”:

1) Steve: He has been waiting for this moment his whole life. He has been drinking boilermakers since 10:00 am in his recliner and his AR is within arms reach. He has 6 months provisions in the basement and a bug out bag due west buried in the woods. Steve demands a handshake as I give him his package. He’s sizing me up as I deliver his ammo.

Steve will survive this, and he will kill you if he needs to.

2) Brad: He is standing at his window wearing skinny jeans and a Patagonia t-shirt. He is mad because there were no organic tomatoes at Whole Foods today. He points at the ground where he has taped a 6 ft no go zone line from his porch. I leave his case of Fuji water, organic granola bites, and his new “Bernie Bro” hat at the tape.

Brad will not survive. Steve will probably eat him.

3) Nancy: She has sprayed everything with Thieves oil. Bought all the Clorox wipes, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, meat, and bread from the local grocery chain. She has quarantined her kids and sprays them with a mixture of thieves, lavender, & mint essential oils daily. She has posted every link known to man about “The Rona” on her social media. She will spray you if you break the 6 ft rule. I will leave her yet another case of toilet paper.

She will last longer than Brad, but not Steve.

4) Karen: She has called everybody and read them the latest news on “The Rona”. She asked for the manager at Food Lion, Walmart, Publix, McDonalds, Chi-Fil-A, and Vons all before noon demanding more toilet paper. Karen’s kids are currently faking “The Rona” to avoid her. I’m delivering “Hello kitchen” to her.

Karen will not survive longer than Brad.

5) Mary: Is sitting in the swing watching her kids have a water balloon fight in the front yard as she is on her fourth glass of wine. She went to the store and bought 2 cases of pop tarts, 6 boxes of cereal, 8 bags of pizza rolls, And a 6 roll pack of toilet paper. There is a playlist of Bob Marley, Pink Floyd, and Post Malone playing in the background. I’m bringing her second shipment of 15 bottles of wine in 3 days.

Mary will survive and marry Steve. Together they will repopulate the earth. May God have mercy on us all.

j cal, MachineR1, scottn and 9 others like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No one is arguing that its a virus or that it's contagious or anything of the sort. Basically those who refuse to understand basic math are being made fun of. As for the whole lockdown working or not, there seem to be more experts with the proper intelligence and education about such things who agree the lockdown is stupid. BTW - the people running the health departments and such are overwhelmingly not experts in those fields....

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As soon as the GA Department of Health head told a bunch of Mayors the flat out lie that this was 10x as deadly as influenza it was obvious there was a hell of a lot more going on than supposedly saving lives...

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, I think it's a combo of power plays from departments that are usually way under the radar as well as people truly believing what they're doing is saving the world - and that high they get from doing such important work is clouding their judgement. Add in the media whipping the public into a frenzy of fear by pushing nothing but death tolls and ignoring those who have gotten over it or the like. Most purely political types have been pushed into a corner where they have no choice but to overreact, if they don't they will be labeled wrong no matter how this turns out.

tl1098 likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Statistically influenza is still way more dangerous - without countermeasures and with a vaccine...

13. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

I’ll be lenient on this. The early info was based a single piece of bad data that was perpetuated as gospel.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My loved one is still asleep and the other times I've been on here she's been 10-15 feet away laughing when I tell her what people are posting :D

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, you're evil :crackup:

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Impacted yes, ruined no.

418 likes this.
  17. 418

418 Expert #59

Here is the same guy they're talking about from a "reputable" news source.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ex-nyt-reporter-challenging-the-coronavirus-narrative

I find it ridiculous that some of you need to be spoon fed by the mass media before you find the information credible.

In the age where information is available to anybody with half a brain cell and some critical thinking skills.

Phl218 and tl1098 like this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, sadly I think it's more economic than race based but true no matter the background reason.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Then just compare it to things you can catch, still a tiny number.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.