1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Based on like a century of data. The have flu deaths separated out much better than they do the covid stuff - however as time goes on and they have more data that will change.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I didn't take into account anything but I was nice and only went 4 days since most were barely over rather than full retard :crackup:

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. No excuse for someone that educated and in that position to be comparing the number deaths per positive tests to the number of deaths per infected. Night and day different things and doesn't take more than basic logic to see it.

418 likes this.
  4. G 97

G 97 Garth

No context here. “The U.S. passed more than 20,000 deaths and 500,000 cases, leading the world in both reported numbers.”

fear mongering at its finest.

5. 418

418 Expert #59

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, fake news, they're all overrun with Covid patients.

418 likes this.
  7. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

Nailed it.

cav115 likes this.
  8. I will start to panic if...

1. Once someone is infected, they immediately go track down their loved ones to infect them also.
    2. Once someone is infected, their conscious is immediately linked with The Master, and all of the infected are essentially one single conscious.
    3. Once someone is infected, the only way to keep them from being sick is to shoot them in the head (preferably before they get sick, so they won’t attempt point #1).

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

As long as I have a readily available supply of protein bars and energy drinks I'll be straight.....fortunately no one seems to be hoarding either of those, only shit tickets.

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Fonda, just curious where you retrieved these numbers. I question these figures because, well, you have cited no source or link to a page with cool graphics nor mentioned a person with name recognition. :rolleyes:

Fonda Dix likes this.
  11. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

@G 97, I see your reasoning and am sure someone agrees with you. Just kidding man. I understand both arguments. Both drive at when can we return to normalcy, i guess.

@In Your Corner, you're probably right about that: "So far, everyone I know personally who is still in favor of the shutdown still has a job and no financial worries." Sucks for those who don't fall into that category.

G 97 likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know about the rest of the world but I have seen footage here with good explanations of what is happening (including that even though the numbers have increased, the practice is not new).
    You'll have to do a little better than "tiny number." :D
    Didn't you just say one page ago that I am evil?

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Reports now saying Cali possibly had the covid in December.

14. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I got the infections number from the CDC website and the unemployment number from the labor department. Of course both of those have changed now because it’s been a few days. When I get home from off roading I will look it up and see what they are today. Both numbers will grow of course because the virus is still spreading and you can expect many many rounds of fresh layoffs and business failures this week.

seeing as both of those sites are government my guess is they’re prone to lie but it’s the best I could find the time.

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

16. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That;s a mix of granite and water right?

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That's the probelm for most of them.

19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

PA update. New positives of 1,178 lower than daily observations since 4/1/20, 962. Likely data is light given weekend as per prior weekend patterns. Current delta vs. average of last 7 days (1,618) is negative, first time observed.

upload_2020-4-12_13-30-18.png

upload_2020-4-12_13-30-57.png

dlafz1 likes this.
  20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.