1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

'sup Captain Douchenozzle?

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I'm going to watch my wife closely for agoraphobic tendencies. She's manifesting some attributes, but for now we'll let them slide. If she refuses to go for a walk tomorrow morning, though, I'ma start to worry.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I’m curious to see how much panic my eldest has had instilled in her since Friday.

And by curious, I mean dreading the need to undo the damage.

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Uninformed , unamerican viewpoint. Hope you or your loved ones don’t need assistance in the future , you might be singing a different tune .

5. joec

joec brace yourself

I saw a woman at the grocery store over the weekend in a head to toe military surplus chem warfare suit. In not saying maybe she doesn't have an auto immune thing or a general over reaction. But I feel like it could equally be a serious start of a mental break.. add in the few kids I saw at the store and the impact that had.... I just don't know.

My gf has anxioty issues and depression issues already. Can't see this is going to work out ok for her.. She won't leave her apartment right now.

noles19 likes this.
  6. MUFC1878

MUFC1878 Member

Hope you get cancer of the asshole

7. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

And people claimed the dungeon was full of assholes.

Phl218 likes this.
  8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Poor 969. Of ALL the horrible things that have ever been said by anyone about anyone on the Beeb or elsewhere, here some basically good guy gets reamed for saying something a bit off. I swear, for all the good anyone might do here, you fuck one sheep and...
    :D

R Acree likes this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It was. The dirty little "secret" is that so is General.

10. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

As a retired Maritime law enforcement officer. I have been on the receiving end of gentlemen like you. Called a pig by fishermen and drunk boaters. I've also saved many lives out there, and brought home sons that didn't make it.

Smart off now sir one day you will need us. I hope you feel safe tonight knowing that you and your family's safety is taken care of by selfless men and women.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not true....as a realist the last man (or woman) on Earth won't be having any of one nor use for the other :p

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Well there is a difference in not agreeing with some of their tactics versus wishing them harm. I don't agree with some of the stuff they do but I still want them to go home safe at the end of their shift.

Banditracer likes this.
  13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm in northern NJ about 35-40 min outside of Manhattan. I'm out in the burbs and my neighborhood has always been nice and quiet. People around here aren't acting any different than normal. You see the random person walking their dog here and there. I went across the street and knocked on the old folks door last week to ask them if there's anything they need and/or make sure they have family or someone that's checking on them.

The couple of times I've gone out to get groceries people are generally giving each other the space the are supposed to, so more or less nothing crazy which is nice. I don't take for granted 2 important factors. 1) I work most of my sales job from home anyway (and I have a home gym setup :D), so this is not much of a change to my normal routine. If my livelihood was being impacted right now in a significant way that would certainly suck.... and 2) the fact that I'm not in a major city where people are stacked on top of each other in apartments and stuff. Being outside of the city where everyone has their own house and yard and space is certainly worth its weight in gold during a time like this.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

And yet your response adds no value while offering no relevance with the topic at hand. But hey, everyone needs a good copy editor. Thanks Dave.

So what is the philosophical meaning between an absolute and an unknown outcome?

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Meh, the herd needs to be culled at some point.

16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Maybe question what is truly absolute and what is unknown but only partially?

You declared the comic stupid because you failed to see the parallels in the current event. Actually, you probably do see them, but reject them under the premise you reject most truths -- the implications of accepting them put you with other folks you don't seem to care for. Call it tribalism if you'd like.
    Most people can see the paradox of managing a pandemic, even if they botch their plurals.

Maybe to add to the discussion more materially: David Katz on a targeted (middle) approach. You might not want to read it though, because it's biased and useless by the shear fact he is an academic.

:D just for you.

Newsshooter likes this.
  17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

You didn’t answer my question. What parallels?
    You are the last person who should talk about rejecting truths.
    So righteous of you knowing who I care for and who I don’t. Prick.
    Here’s a plural for you. Two fucks. :D

19. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Had it. I don’t recommend it for a friend or enemy, lol.

20. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

A cop hater deserves it every time then if it’s that bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.