1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could all be fixed with a simple philosophy...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Super Dave, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

Discuss

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Discuss...

3. CMMFL

CMMFL Well-Known Member

I like it....discussion closed! :D

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My hapiness requires that you forfiet your life.

Discuss.

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I will burn a hoot owl on my vegan alter tonight with a stick figure of TZ in the pentagram to cast him into slavery.

It is even simpler "promote individual liberty" done. Anyone that does not like that can come over with chains on as I can use some lawnscaping slaves, the hot female ones get to stay indoors :D

6. justariot66

justariot66 Well-Known Member

Social security doesnt mean a person gets on welfare and never gets off does it? Because if it does then that wont work.
    I have family who have been on the government sponsored "no job act" for 25 years. How? She keeps having kids and never mentions she has a "husband".
    A catch pan to keep people out of the fire is ok but there needs to be a time table and an enforcement of effort by the recipient. Also there should be mandatory birth control AND drug testing.

Who other than those who suck off the system would be against drug testing for benefits?
    Social Services for legal citizens seems like a good idea as well.

Like it or not we are running out of money, this country cannot sustain the current levels of support to those who wont honestly try to better themselves.

7. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Spell check can be your friend. :D:D

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Die my smartassed friend.:D

9. Super Dave

Don't you find your two statements contradictory?

You subjectively state that social services, which, I assume, you imply they government supplied(which comes from money forced from working individuals), is a "good idea".

Then go on to say "we are running out of money"...

Which do you want? Do you believe that government should generate force to fund it's charity or not? Do you believe in slavery?

10. Super Dave

What is social stability?

11. scotth

scotth Banned

You're quoting yourself now? Seriously?

C'mon, Dave. That's just too easy. :D

12. scotth

scotth Banned

Ohhhhhh. Hammer down for Orvis. :D

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Wow... where to start?

Some sort of economy supported by a stable monetary system.

Access to proper food.

Access to drinking water.

A safe environment free from social chaos (theft, murder, etc...)

I'm surprised I have to point that out...

14. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Dave,

you know I am a far right leaning Texan and I think along the same lines as you. However, you seem to be one of the most anti-tax people I have ever seen, almost seeming to advocate zero taxation at all.

With your idea (if my perception of your thinking is correct), how does stuff like roads, weapons, and such get paid for? Serious question, not messing with you.

15. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

see quote

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Agreed on all counts, now factor in the nations do nothings of society.........what's your proposal on their existence?

Hence my inquiry a few days ago, he comes off very Libertarianesque in his writings, more lately than ever.

I'd like to learn about his answer to the survival of the common essentials as you have listed above, police and fire and just as important, national defense.

17. Super Dave

LOL! I was prompted. I didn't put my name next to it...could be from anyone right?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well we've got all but the freedom from crime and that just isn't oging to happen as long as you have humans involved.

19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The awful reality is you'll always these losers. Even in the work force, there always seems to be the few derilicts (specially in large companies) who strive at doing nothing all day.

This social assistance is often a tool to avoid mischief; the fuckers still need to eat. It's either you pay them to do nothing or you pay to jail them. It's often cheaper, in the long run, to use the social assistance route...

Where I agree with you Rednecks is the perpetuation from generation to generation. My best suggestion is to enter them in a 'Social' contract; if one needs help to support their 'family and kids', those kids will HAVE to participate in an Army service.

20. Super Dave

Understood.

First, one has to question the current system. We're seemingly in agreement that politics is playing a huge role in what gets accomplished in your quick examples of roads, weapons, and such.

Currently, roads are paid by road taxes taken from fuel sales. Seemingly, that is pretty ok...as long as that happens. Add government, as in Wisconsin, and the DOT fund that was generated by individuals that had to pay those taxes were removed and placed in the general fund. Federal funds we all know have been tied up in other policy issues against states for helmet laws, seat belt laws...really all laws against the rights of individuals to choose what they want versus the claim that society has upon their lives.

Weapons. Do we recognize that weapons are political too? And everything else that we're forced into? So, we are forced to work a portion of our life in servitude to the political whims of those that seem to have no recognition of the limited republican form of government.

So, here's the question...

Why shouldn't taxation be voluntary? If you were the owner of a big business, it would be in your best interest to have certain things that only government could provide. Similarly, if you were a business in a particular area with other businesses, it would be in your best interest to have a road maintained in your area. A great example is that road in Hawaii that washed out, last year I think. The state of Hawaii, with their funds that were forced from individuals, said that it wouldn't be done for two years and that it would cost some millions of dollars. This was unacceptable to the rational self interest of those business owners, and the people that worked for them. So, they went out on their own and rebuilt that road, bridge or what ever it was for substantially less than the cost quoted by the Hawaii DOT. And I think they did it in four days.

It really goes back to Reagan and that statement that government isn't the solution to our problems, government is the problem. As individual self interests are removed along with our money and given to people that have the ability to generate force against our work, they loose sight of our actual needs and the real accountability at the ground level.

Does that give you a little bit of a basis for my thinking? It's new to me, actually, through a whole lot of reading over the past year.

In the end, government isn't benevolent. You know more of what is best for you than someone else. And if you don't, well, that's still your responsibility.

Freedom is for one to be void of coercion. We don't have much of that freedom anymore. Amazing we all lived so long, right?