1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colorado high school shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, May 8, 2019.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Anti depressants, social media bullying, and the ever present message of “solving your problems with a gun/violence” that is portrayed in movies, tv, and video games.

4. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Ban the AR's! Oh, wait....

5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I think this points to mental health issues in our country. The solution is not easy, but I don't think the helicopter parenting is helping. The kids never have to face danger or adversity so they don't learn how to deal with it when it eventually arises. I saw a mom at the grocery store the other day and the mom was telling her three kids every move to make or not make. I am not saying let them go unsupervised, but if an 8 year old can't figure out when to open the sliding mini van door on their own something is wrong.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think they have evolved to lawn mower parenting, eliminating adversity or even discomfort.

7. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Transgender shooter

Mental health coverup starting in 5, 4, 3.....

8. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

:stupid:

Kids cannot defend themselves in schools anymore thanks to the no tolerance policies. A bully walks up to your kid, pops him/her in the nose and your kid fights back, both are suspended. They are sending a message that defending yourself is wrong. Things that would have been solved with a bus stop fight now lead up to shootings because they don't know how to deal with their problems. How many times as a kid did you get into a fight and then were friends again a week later?

9. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

This country needs to bring asylums back. Some people just cant function in a society.

10. 600 dbl are

The dungeon would get super quiet...:D

code3ryder and scottn like this.
  11. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

100% correct. Until we do this, the problem does not go away.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Right, but I don’t think too many of the people that need to be in there are children.

These kids doing stupid things are a direct result of the environment their parents, educators, and idols have produced.

13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yep...everyone is a winner. They are all special and get awards for just continuing to breathe. No you never have to deal with disappointment.

A philosophy that leaves kids with no ability to cope with anything.

14. 600 dbl are

Hey now. I feel like I should get an award if I get out of bed and none of my joints creek and pop. I wouldn't get many awards :(

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Oh, so kids who asphyxiated aren't special?

What a dick. :mad:

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They are special, they just don't require much attention and make few demands.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The inherent mental health problem with this situation will definitely be masked under the veil of intolerance/insensitivity/etc etc

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

How did I miss this post?

More cisgender intolerance and bigotry!

Transgenderism is NOT a mental health issue! It's a small minded non-inclusive majority privilege problem. Pat was perfectly sane when zhe pulled the trigger!

StaccatoFan likes this.
  19. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

No doubt.

No matter what happens or who did what, its the evil privileged folks who caused it.

20. 600 dbl are

I'm not sure if I'm impressed or scared that you knew all the proper pronouns...