1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College Admissions Scandal

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by condon66, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I didn't see where these dopes, crooks and dipshits were offered scholarships. No scholarship offer, no reporting them up the chain.

Designating them an athlete that a coach wants to recruit just ticks another box to get them moved in front of some. The more boxes ticked, the better their chances of getting in.

2. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I read where the funds went into the schools athletic kitty for two coaches. The schools should have noticed the increase in the account.

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

"The schools didn't "know", I think is Total BullShit..

4. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

It could happen:

USC Water polo coach: "What the hell, is all that racket?"
    USC athlete: "It's okay coach, the horse will settle down in a bit."
    USC bean counter: "Coach, there is a $1.3million increase in the water polo funding."
    USC Water polo coach: "Uh, yeah, um, a generous doner gave the money to help offset the need for more pool filters."

5. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Some rich folks bought their kids way into college and got arrested for it...ok. Sorry, I have hard time caring.

But please let me know when Hillary is arrested...for anything.

Britt likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So I guess more indictments should be coming down soon. No way the FBI goes only after a couple of coaches for school-sanctioned fraud.

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Couple kids from Stanford filed.

Not anymore. Hallmark cut all ties.
    Gonna get 'spensive for them...

8. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

My parents paid my college to let me in. I wouldn't have been considered if they didn't throw some money their way. :eek:

I feel better letting everyone know about the application fee :D

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I am a little more than concerned about those who knew she was a regular on the Hallmark channel.

HPPT, code3ryder and Spang308 like this.
  10. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I don't know if I would go that far out on the limb. Proving it may be difficult. Coincidentally, Lori Loughin's daughter was in the Bahamas on the USC Chairman of the Board of Trustee's yacht (with him) when they were hauling her mom's butt to jail. Although it proves nothing, it is just too much of a happenstance not to make you go hmmm. $1million bond for mom, ouch that is pretty steep.

code3ryder and jrsamples like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How stupid does a kid have to be they need half a million on top of the cost of school just to get in?

jksoft likes this.
  12. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

damn straight.

13. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

and who could think it money well spent? i know parents who spent 80k for their kid's 4 yr. degree and they were ripped a new ass hole.

14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

You should be a little more than concerned you have no woman in your life. :D

JBall likes this.
  15. Venom51

I guess if 25 years with the same woman is the same as no woman then you are right.

16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

18yrs with the same. She likes Hallmark Channel and I like the eye candy.

17. Venom51

My woman likes to watch shit like Cobra or the Terminator. If it wasn't for the occasional sappy romantic comedy she be damn near perfect.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No clue if Evelyne likes Hallmark crap or not, if she watches it I'm not in the house.

19. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

No wonder you married her :D

I had to make mine watch movies like Red Dawn (the original, not that rehashed bullshit) and Better off Dead. Mine is a sci-fi nerd though, she loves Star Wars and Battlestar.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It's all about the prestige that comes with saying you have a degree from Georgetown, Yale or some of these schools. Well, it's also about saying your kid goes to Georgetown, Yale or some of these schools.

You're all about trying to impress others (or even stroke your own ego) and this is just another thing to add to your resume. Saying your kid goes to UCLA doesn't have the stroke that saying your kid goes to Yale. Like one of those $70K Hermes Birkin bags or a $200K Patek Phillippe.