1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College Admissions Scandal

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by condon66, Mar 12, 2019.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Nope. But who cares?

George and Babs were just trying to do their best for their youngins. But they didn’t cheat that we know.

I’m pretty sure George and Babs were people that played fair

galloway840 likes this.
  2. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

One of them did.
    https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loc...lead-Guilty-in-Admission-Fraud-507038591.html

So it's better if it's school sanctioned bribery?

In the end, do you really give a shit about this? I don't.

Edit: Now this is pissing me off a bit. Loughlin's bond is a million bucks. There are tons of people who commit assault/rape/murder/manslaughter that don't get bails near that amount. What a circus.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    StaccatoFan likes this.
  3. condon66

condon66 Member well known

For someone who doesn't give a shit you sure are shitting your pants.
    And I never said anything about this being shocking that money gets you into a school fer chrissakes. My interest in it is that ONE GUY masterminded this taking advantage of multiple schools whilst the schools were being duped by him and the people he influenced with his bribe. Gawd damn you still don't understand what the difference is here.

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

In addition to a bunch of bad assumptions, dude could have saved four paragraphs (that's all there should have been, anyway) and just said " I miss your point". :D

TurboBlew likes this.
  5. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Bullshit, it is a internet forum and people should not be expected to know history from the past to reply to a recent post.

6. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

Mostly Democrats doing the paying. Lying to get into Harvard is something their leaders approve of.

7. dsapsis

Not be expected? Well, damn son, who said they were? All we pointed out was that if you don't, and you make a bunch of (bad) assumptions, you look foolish.
    And still none of that has the slightest to do with his whiff.

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

4D0883AD-63CD-43EB-93E9-3499BBD3040F.jpeg

galloway840 likes this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

10. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is not a new thing??? People that have money buy opportunities? Oh,wow, never cold have seen that coming. I just wonder who leaked this story, he should be hiding about now

11. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Really? The Athletic Director is a major department head at these Universities and he (she) had to know what was going on. That makes the university complicit. Law suits are already being drawn up.....:eek:
    I love it. The closer we get to a merit based system the better. Just because it's always been that way is no reason not to try.

12. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

No, it makes you look foolish for ridiculing him from threads posted long ago. You have carried this vendetta across several threads. Either explain it or accept that some people may not have the history. Laughing at them because they don't get the joke told a year ago is childish.

13. dsapsis

Wait, you are still sore for me pointing out a few times that Spang simply barfed up some reaactionary shit about congressional pensions (wrong on three counts, natch), and has yet to issue a mea culpa, huh? But you are fine with ridiculing those whom you disagree with when it suits you? I sense some conflict, man.

In this instance, we suggested that his recount of a backstory wasn't accurate and besides that, it showed he didn't actually listen to the salient point being made, but instead went off on a tangent that he thought made a lot of sense. In other words, it was foolish. I'll stand by my comments, and I suggest you do the same.

14. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

It's his MO, also includes being the spelling police and discrediting websites when he doesn't want to discuss the content

15. dsapsis

Like the Santa Monica Observer? OK.

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Or the LA Times?
    You just want to duck the discussion.

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Why not just simply make the point then, rather than being a douche about it. So you’re chastising a poster based, in part, for him not having read a previous obscure post buried in the bbs and you’re still unwilling to make your point. Way to stick to your principles.<slow clap>.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  18. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Bail is not required to be "equal". It's supposed to be high enough to ensure the person shows up for court. Got a billion dollars? Expect bail to be sky high.

19. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Here is the worlds saddest violin playing the worlds saddest song for the poor, poor Hollywood "stars" who have a high bail.

upload_2019-3-14_8-55-7.jpeg

20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

In light of all our problems in this country (and even world), i am having a very hard time giving two shits about this. Are we supposed to be mad that the kids got in or that the parents bribed their way in or that the universities allowed it or just that our society is so fucking stupid that they put that much importance on going to college?

ducnut, GRH and code3ryder like this.