1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CNN's Jim Acosta has press pass suspended by White House, Sarah Sanders announces

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Timothy Landon, Nov 8, 2018.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

I actually meant what is thier legitimate role in press pass issuance. Are they somehow responsible for who gets one, and or are they in anyway accountable? Just guessing you have to be a member of the press pool, so to speak.

Wasnt looking for quotes from the fop book. ;-)

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Ah the pronoun misunderstanding :beer:

The press has zero role in press passes other than applying. It is up to the white house to determine who gets them. It has been based upon the size and perceived influence of the organization that applied in the past. Thus a network has a better chance of getting a pass than the local newspaper in a town of 10K. Recently the passes have been expanded to include online stuff as the influence has risen. In other words the passes are more on influence and what they can do for the white house than what the 'press' thinks.

You might recall that Obama had a thing going against Fox (just as Trump and CNN) and chose to answer less questions from them etc. Very normal despite the current propaganda against Trump.:Pop:

3. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

He’s a multi-billionaire and he’s 6’3”...try again.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Yesterday Sarah Sanders said pretty much the opposite of what you just wrote.
    The WH determines the number of passes but iirc she said the WH Correspondents' Association decided who got them.

5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I don't know why Trump doesn't just ignore him. Don't call on the asshole and just make him sit there stewing.

stk0308 and Motofun352 like this.
  6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I don't watch these press conferences so I don't know for sure but isn't that DB known for just getting up and pressing fwd with his question, even if it interrupts another person?

If so, simply ignoring him won't work unless he ends the presser each and every time Acosta speaks out of line.

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

By tradition they have zero legal standing is my bet.

8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Then every time he chimes in and tries to speak over everyone, end the presser. Eventually the others will get sick of his crap not allowing them to do their jobs.

Or ... they’ll all support him blindly and file more lawsuits over made up violations.

Whatever.

9. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

10. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

There's a breast joke in there somewhere...

12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

:mad: Sarah was doing so good today, but, she finally called on him.

13. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

This. Why don't they just ignore him? Let him have his press pass, but never call on him. When he cries foul, just say they are letting others (finally) have a turn at the mic.

14. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Every time I see him I get the overwhelming urge to punch his face. This happened even before I knew what kind of shitheel he has become. He just has that perfectly punchable face.