1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CNN's Jim Acosta has press pass suspended by White House, Sarah Sanders announces

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Timothy Landon, Nov 8, 2018.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

While I'm all for the press having access, im definitely surprised they have temporarily ordered for him to be let back in. Interesting argument.

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Easy answer for Trump, no press conferences similar to Obama. Or never call on any CNN reporter. Or anytime someone starts heckling end the press conference. Oh and certainly remote the mic and turn it off anytime they don't relinquish it.

Killswitch and G 97 like this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep, simply stop the pressers.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

This is as stupid as claiming first amendment infringement by being blocked on Twatter.

We're fucked.

5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Its interesting what gets first amendment protection these days and what does not.

upload_2018-11-16_10-47-34.jpeg

6. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I think the ruling was more about due process than anything. All the judge has probably done in the long term is have a set of policy folks write up or clarify rules of conduct for the White House press corps. It will include the process for removing someone from the press corp for not following the policies. Next time Acosta crosses the line he will be gone and there will be a clear chain of why.

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Trump fucked up letting him back in, he should have just refused.
    At this point, any federal judge seemingly has the power to undo any Presidential directive, any law, and evidently decide how the WH will be run.
    This is ridiculous.

badmoon692008 and sheepofblue like this.
  8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Employees of an entertainment corporation that call themselves "the press" aren't above any other citizen. I am going to demand a "press pass" and sue if I don't get it.
    The term "press" had zero to do with reporters or journalists when the First was written.

TurboBlew and blkduc like this.
  9. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Judge was a Trump appointee too. Poor little Donnie's twitter rant should be good tonight.

10. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Let him back in and never call on him.

Before each Q&A session, play a 10 minute video of how not to act at a press conference. Make it a 10 minute loop of Acosta refusing to give up the mic.

badmoon692008, TurboBlew and Orvis like this.
  11. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

That's a good idea.

I remember the way the new Q & As were changed when Carter went out and Reagan came in. Order was restored. The press had to raise their hands to be recognized and the yelling was not tolerated. I am not sure why the WH allows this kind of BS to happen. Giving these people control over a mic is either stupid or planned. I am not sure why they allow a pecking order in seating either. I think it is just one thing that makes the Acosta types think that their shit don't stink and gives them the courage to BE the news.

I would require that the front 3 rows be assigned to the back and forgotten forever. Call on the ones who don't get the chance. Coming up with a relevant question is not that hard.

12. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Punish the others by canceling or only making statements. Let his colleagues handle it.

auminer likes this.
  13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Acosta's got a hard-on for Trump and he knows Trump has a temper. His question's wording, tone, attitude, etc are all tactical moves to
    try to bait Trump into saying or doing something that furthers the negativity of his public image.

It's shitty and unprofessional. The President of the United States, regardless of Party, should be held accountable to The People by the Press, but not baited.

When I was in the Military, with regards to Officers, even if I didn't respect the person in the Uniform, I at a minimum respected the rank and addressed the person by their rank.
    If I came to respect the person, I'd address them as Sir or Ma'am.

14. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I would call on Acosta to ask questions, and only Acosta. Just keep him going the whole time. Make it all about acosta and let the rest of the "journalists" sit and get totally pissed off at the DB.

sheepofblue and StaccatoFan like this.
  15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Are you going to "press" the issue? :D Remember the Twain adage "Dont quarrel with folks that buy ink by the barrel" ?
    I giggle when Trump treats them like my first grade teacher bullied kids!

16. sheepofblue

And pull an Obama when Acosta asks the question by not answering it and going on and on with the non-answer and then declare time up :crackup:

blkduc likes this.
  17. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

I don't understand why Trump just doesn't ignore his existence. I can't imagine anything infuriating Acosta more.

18. joec

joec brace yourself

What role does the press corps group have to do with all of this?

19. sheepofblue

Lie with dogs you get fleas. Most have thrown in against the middle America and certainly with the progressives. Instead of acknowledging his bad behavior as the cause they jumped in to defend him. This was never a 1st amendment issue it was always 'resist' Elections have consequences unless you are a progressive/marxist in which case you carry on your goal of controlling people you consider beneath you.

jrsamples likes this.
  20. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

badmoon692008 likes this.