1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chik-Fil-A, not welcome in Boston

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Spyderchick, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

A mayor with balls.

[​IMG]

2. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

3. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I'd like to hear McDonald's views on abortion and Burger King's take on gun control... We already know Taco Bell's stance on legalizing pot. :D

4. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Doesn't matter to me, I don't eat fast food. :D

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Do the stores or company discriminate against gays, or is it just that the owner doesn't like gay marriage? I'm really not familiar with the history behind this.

EDIT: Okay, I checked out a few news stories and don't see what the big deal is. The owner believes in traditional marriage and Christian values but isn't discriminating against anyone. Seems hypocritical to state that there's no place for discrimination on Boston's Freedom Trail, therefore we're going to discriminate against you because we don't agree with your personal beliefs. Last I knew, people are entitled to their own beliefs and opinions.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  6. Lawn Dart

It was kinda sarcasm... LOL...

I feel like telling Dan Cathy to STFU and get me my waffle fries and delicious cookies and cream shake...

7. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Just because of his letter, I'm going to Chik-fil-A for dinner.

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'll give you 2 guesses why you can't get a Chic-Fil-A sandwich on Sunday.

9. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Not sure. I'm not very comfortable with him blocking the company from opening a store in Boston based solely on what the company says, or what action groups it gives money to, if it doesn't actually walk its talk of hating on gays.

But I'm definitely digging the "fuck off" letter :D

10. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

"In an effort to live up to their non-judgmental, Christian beliefs, Chick-fil-a announces they will offer free wedding cake to all their customers in same-sex marriages. Every Sunday."

:D

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Why do I get the feeling that in a year or two we will hear that he was caught propositioning in a men's airport bathroom.

It always seems to happen to the most vocal.

12. Lawn Dart

Wait... So, they don't support gay marriage, but they do support semi-illiterate cross-dressing cows? :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't give a rat's ass what chik-fil-a thinks about gay marriage, legalizing the pot or the plight of the razor back, bearded mountain Mongo. They make a great chicken sandwich, their waffle fries are good and their drinks are nice.

"But dave, you should support cause x, it's basic human rights!"

I'll support my balls cause with one hand while I hum you the bird with the other hand.

14. In Your Corner

Because their closed on Sundays due to Christian sensibilities. Nothing wrong with that, its their prerogative.

15. In Your Corner

You do know cows are female, don't you? :D

16. earacing

earacing Race Dad

Interesting that the anti-discrimination crowd is discriminating against a group because of their beliefs.

:confused:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  17. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

:confused: All cows are female?

I agree. I don't have a problem with the mayor making a political statement, but it is very inappropriate to block a company because of the political views of one of its leaders. Interesting how the mayor mentions freedom to all, but wishes to block the freedom of the Chick-fil-A guy.

18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

chikfila aint going to be losing any income because of that. Besides... the "Breeders" need a place to baby sit their kids and get their chicken sammich freak on! :D

19. Lawn Dart

Thought you might say that...

Then they support very butch, possibly lesbian, semi-illiterate cows. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I think I'll be having Chick-fil-A for lunch. Dinner undecided. Anyone know what is Buffalo Wild Wings' stance on gun control?