1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chik-Fil-A, not welcome in Boston

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Spyderchick, Jul 25, 2012.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Everything is not digital ones and zeros. You can be pro traditional family without being anti-gay.

John H offered up a link to the conversation in context. It is amusing that some of the most intolrant of Cathy were insistent that the President's remarks regarding "who built that" be taken in context are not willing to offer the same consideration. Seems some of the tolerant are only tolerant if you agree.

2. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Why so intolerant of dweebs? Stop being intolerant in the intolerant thread:Poke:

3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I just ate at one of these last week, hands down one of the best chicken sandwiches I've ever had, kids loved their chicken strips too. I wish they'd throw a few up here in NNJ!

4. wot-75

wot-75 Well-Known Member

Then for your argument to work you would have to admit that no one is born "straight" either. So explain why anyone is attracted to who they are attracted to... and then pass judgment as to why the answer to that makes them evil or unworthy of the same opportunities the "majority" enjoy. I think it's obvious as to why pedophiles are evil so no need to go there.

Good Luck.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  5. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Meh, probably wouldn't go over so big in Boston anyway. They don't serve chowdah.

6. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I can't summon a bit of outrage against a company that has given up 1/7th of it's weekly income for religious conviction from the outset. But f*ck it if there's a picket line I might just make my own sign demanding they open on the Sabbath too.

[​IMG]

7. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

If there is a picket line, I'll make sure I eat outside right in front of them, then get a shake for desert.

8. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

But

They are all ready open on Saturday. ;)
    (7th day n' all that...)

9. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Exactly! They clearly go by their own interpretation. So why is there uproar over more clarification of their interpretation? :confused:

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I'm trying to find a setting low enough on my "Give-a-Fuck-o-Meter" :rolleyes:

Businesses taking social/political = :down:

Petty tyrants in government being all-powerful cunts over *their* agendas = :down: :down:

Chik-Fil-A wins, as the lesser of two complete dumfux. :rolleyes:

11. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

A lot of interesting views here.

The take away I got from the Mayor's letter was not that Chick-Fil-A couldn't locate in Boston, but a clear message that Boston is supportive of the gay community, and that since Chik-Fil-A clearly has a stance that is not supportive, they may want to take that into consideration. His exact language was 'urge you to back out of your plans" to locate in their city.

I won't argue about the separation of church and state, because that's in the constitution and rightly so. And as such, for any business to lobby to change laws to reflect their religious beliefs is wrong as well.

And yes, 2 wrongs never make a right, but this is a civil rights issue. Anyone who thinks that it's easy to be gay, that it's a choice, has little understanding of the human condition. Just because there isn't a 'gay' gene doesn't mean someone can 'choose' who they are attracted to. It's funny how some religions choose to ignore science when it comes to the creation v evolution argument, but hold it up as a standard when it come to opposing gay rights.

12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Now that is a great line Alexa:up:

13. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

The mayor of Boston may not be explicitly that Chick Fil A couldn't directly locate there but it was rather close. Chicago, IIRC, did say that they would do what they could to prevent them. That was just in my quick reading yesterday.

14. G8rDuc

G8rDuc N00B

Actually, it's not.

15. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Not as funny as liberals who are all about peace and acceptance, who then wish cancer and horrible deaths upon those who have different views.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-gr...seanne-barr-wishes-cancer-chick-fil-customers

16. Spyderchick

17. Spyderchick

18. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Fuck em. :down:

:D

19. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

The Mayor of Boston is a dumbass for putting out a letter like that based on his personal beliefs in opposition of a business' management beliefs. So because he don't like Chik Fil A's attitude he's saying that the landlord can't let the business locate there. And if any of you think that's not what he's saying you are delusional. When the lawyers get a hold of him he will issue a statement claiming that's not what he meant.

He should let them move wherever they want then let the customers/public decide if they are worthy. If the people in the area don't like the point of view that CFA take then they shouldn't go there and they will be out of business soo.