1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCS NJMP Lightning GTO Crash 6/26/2010

Discussion in 'General' started by Carnage R1, Jun 28, 2010.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

WOW!!! That was sick!

As stated earlier, if an impact had to happen, I'm glad it was the bike and not the rider....I cringe with just the thought of it. I cannot believe a mild concussion is all #2 got, I figured a broken limb for sure with the way he somersaulted after impact.

And YES, that little course is one wicked [fast] and fun track!

2. ED_006

ED_006 Well-Known Member

Oh wow:eek:

Hope everyone is okay. When #2 highsides, it looks bad.

3. Carnage R1

Carnage R1 Well-Known Member

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I see a frame slider that can be salvaged.

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

That'll buff right out.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Woodcraft case cover is still good too..

7. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

That shiftrod also looks intact. I lost mine before.. cost me $8 bucks on Ebay

8. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Battery and PowerCommander look OK as well. Held up better than the other bike.

Man, those GSXR frame welds just don't hold up to impact. That's the second one I've seen break in that same spot.

9. bel-biv

bel-biv Well-Known Member

Perhaps the force of t-boning another bike at nigh-on to 100mph is a bit outside of the design parameters?

10. RickJohnson#29

RickJohnson#29 Well-Known Member

Ouch!! I had someone lowside there in front of me last year. Luckily he slid out of the way. It's off camber after the hill so you really have to watch your lean angle there. It is a fast fun track though. I like the last bowl turn.

11. G2G

G2G I feel the need

The rides are very lucky to be alive. Holy cow what a crash. Sucks about the bikes though.

12. mds303

mds303 New Member

I was rider #2 in AM pack...

I was inside of rider #1 and thought of passing in turn 3...but waited as its a long race...was a good thing as when we rounded top of 4 and i was accelerating hard to pass on outside at top of crest of hill/apex...
    initial impact was right in front of us.....
    u heard it... felt it
    rider one in front of me stays right as the footage shows.... I went left...as bikes were colliding and I was approaching and heading twords outer edge of track to avoid impact... flames burst and I felt the heat wave as I was approaching...was insane..I Tucked and rode through fire ball... with oil on my visor I made it through... the white leathers in the video riding past..the on;y one from the front of the pack not in the grass....
    was in shock...
    there was little time to react..instincts and riders control - looking past the chaos for an exit was only thing that kept me up...unharmed and a Lota Luck was on my side...
    was glad to not see chopper for airlift out as it was BAD.
    Seeing his body flying in the air... was un unforgettable experience that is a good reminder to us all...
    life is short and we all love this sport... still safer than the street.
    we should live every day to the fullest.
    Prayers and well wishes to all involved and were hurt in the accident.

13. Zepp

Zepp Well-Known Member

Wow!!! that was a nasty wreck. The second guy flipping like that and only getting a concussion is truly amazing. You would think there would be some broken bones for sure. Really glad the riders were ok.

What a bummer about the bikes