1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCS NJMP Lightning GTO Crash 6/26/2010

Discussion in 'General' started by Carnage R1, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Carnage R1

Carnage R1 Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq54-zuO8Is

How many of you said "OH SHIT" Rider who lowsided was ok. Rider who hit the bike was knocked out for a few but was ok.

Bike on the ground, caught on fire and burnt down.
    [​IMG]

Rider who hit bike, the Gixxer broke in 1/2.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  2. gixxerfever

gixxerfever Well-Known Member

ouch!!!!

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow.

4. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

:wow:

I hope the guy who flipped is okay - glad it wasn't the rider in his path.

5. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

wow :eek: hope everyone is alright

6. Carnage R1

7. HenryZX6R

HenryZX6R Well-Known Member

Making me not want to go to the track, Carnage. LOL. You going Friday?

8. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

It's a great little track....only hting that sucks is the wicked bridge abutment that will seriously put a hurting on you if you impact it.....glad those guys are both ok...

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Looks like those 2nd 2 guys might have target fixated a little and followed the crash to the outside of the track. The first guy behind held his line and went right inside and missed it all. The other two both just drifted out wide right at it.

10. MHR-Speedy

MHR-Speedy Well-Known Member

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Or in this case flaming track

12. splyn

splyn Well-Known Member

well i was #3 in that inceident. i was behind rider #2. As we crested the hill, i saw the rider down and there were no escape routes to the left (other than off the track and at this point it was only one rider down and probably only goint to be a yellow flag so i wanted to stay on the track). #2 and I started drifiting right, but the #1 bike started coming across the track (from left to right). bike #2 t-boned #1 and all i remember was a facefull of rear tire. maybe some target fixation on my part, im not sure but I glanced off of bike #2 while it was airborn (i believe this impact ignited the fire) and the impact made me drift farther to the right. Then rider #4 clips me on my right side.

I am a bit surprised that #4 and I didnt go down. i suffered a sprained ankle and a sprained wrist. #4 i think was ok except for his water pump cover. i am not sure what happened to #2.

13. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

:stupid:

It does look like a fun little track.

14. bel-biv

bel-biv Well-Known Member

That's just ugly!
    Looks like the bike from the guy who crashed initially ghost-rode back across the track
    Glad to hear that it didn't turn out any worse

15. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Trying to stay to the right over that hill is not easy. The speed, and the off-camber pitch naturally pushes bikes to the left. Viewers need to remember that you (and the guy that hit the bike), had a second or two less to react than the camera bike. I'm still not sure how that bike managed to spin back on the track, especially since the surface slopes to the left.

How you managed to keep that thing upright, I'll never know. I think that chunk of missing front wheel says it all.

I believe the guy that went airborne just had a mild concussion, right?

16. splyn

splyn Well-Known Member

#2 was given a ride to the ER, but i heard it was "precautionary."

17. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

18. Carnage R1

exactly what happened. Guy on the 1st video I posted, the guy who bumped into him broke the water pump case and oil case on his bike so he pulled off the track.

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

glad to hear everyone is relatively ok...could have been sooo much worse...and that is at one of my home tracks...luckily not by the damn stupid bridge