1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CB650F

Discussion in 'General' started by CausticYarn, May 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. G 97

G 97 Garth

I’m also planning a trip for later today. Iowa just opened up some counties and are allowing bars and restaurants to once again operate. Unfortunately, my county and the adjacent ones around me remain closed. Which means I’ll be taking a road trip on the chopper. I’m going to do my part to pump some money into a few of the not so local ailing establishments. :beer::flag:

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER. :D

AC8442A8-3B61-42C7-A158-DF4ABD427F0F.jpeg

cav115 likes this.
  2. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

MT-10?

D10D82FA-709D-4E41-B674-92BBDACCF4A2.jpeg

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Sweet. I had the exact same 94 CBR900RR. Fun bike but that front 16 or was it 16.5 tire got a little jiggy when put to task. :eek:

rd400racer likes this.
  4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

It was a 16" front. I think finding tires for that front was a challenge, too.

G 97 likes this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

I think a 17 rim from an F2 would also fit and guys started using them. IIRC.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  6. StaccatoFan

That is correct...I also believe you had to swap a few other parts off the F2 to adapt the front to the F2 wheel as well. But the 900RR will always probably be my favorite Honda.
    I got an F2 because I was Air Force at the time and that's all I could afford for my first sport bike. Things happen for a reason. The RR will always be like a 1977 Trans Am for me.
    I still turn my head every time I see either and say, "Damn". Actually saw a Trans Am just last week. It was a white model....and anyone knows.....black and gold is the ONLY color that matters, but it was still cool to see one.

7. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

...........Everyone is entitled to their opinions - but your assumptions are a little whack.

I wouldn’t ever go when I had the children. There is a vacation schedule arranged that would allow me to take the trip without cutting into my very special and very much wanted time with my girls.

so...chill your nutz.

stk0308, tl1098, Slider82 and 2 others like this.
  8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My son used that 900RR to get his WERA license at Nashville SS. He had lots of fun with it on the little bit of banking they had:D One of the few motorcycles I ever regretted selling.

G 97 likes this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah, probably the only bike I wish I would have kept. I put a lot of miles on mine. Got a set of soft saddle bags and rode it straight thru from Geneseo Ill to Pike Peaks in 1996 to see the AMA superbike race. Always treated me good. It wheelied good too. LOL

10. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I am having a ton of fun looking at route maps.

Once I get a bike again - I am taking some little weekend blips to explore when the girls are with dad. I did a solo hike up north a few weeks ago on the superior Trail and it was amazing.

Having a goal keeps me oriented - and there is nothing wrong with me wanting to take this trip of a lifetime when the girls take their two week trip with their dad. :)

Thanks a ton everyone! Continue on!

cav115 likes this.
  11. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

If you go out wesr, find a way to route thru Banff and Jasper NP in Canada

12. StaccatoFan

No....not a little whack....not at all. I'm a little further down the single parent road than you are.

All I hear is "I" ...no "We". No way in hell I'd go on any trip without my Shorty along to show him a new part of the world. He makes the trip better anyway.
    IN fact, in 3 years, I'd bet they'd be the perfect age to go to and appreciate a trip to Disney (IF we can all still go). I used my annual Orlando work trip this year as
    a catalyst to bring Alex and my gf along for the week. The spent my work time enjoying the resort and pool, and the weekend after we hit Disney. This year's Orlando
    trip is already cancelled, but when it happens again. I took an "I" and made it a "We" and that made the whole thing better for "US".

But hey...you do you.

Just remember...be nice to the people that are going to be planning for your long term elderly care and planning your funeral some day.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

How many ice cubes can you hold in each hand? Asking for a friend. :D

cav115 likes this.
  14. Phl218

Phl218 .

so basically SV650

or Multi.

i agree

15. rd400racer

I'm fortunate to have a son that's old enough to ride with me now. As a matter of fact I bought one of the bikes in my previous picture for him. Even though he doesn't get it until he moves back home, I'm going to throw his and mine in the truck and head to Pennsylvania over Memorial weekend and do a couple of day ride with him. And I think we're having as much fun planning the trip as the actual ride.

I think planning adventures is the only thing that's kept me sane for the last 20 years.

16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Check on your PA trip. Our Gov is taking the slow road to reopening. Rt 6 in the north part of the state is scenic and is mostly in the yellow zone now but that still doesn't allow restaurants.

17. rd400racer

Yeah, we're keeping an eye out. He lives in Columbia and we're looking at a place called Bald Eagle State Park. They're supposed to do a rough open on the 15th.

18. seroj

seroj Well-Known Member

A CB500X checks most of your boxes - cheap, comfortable, honda, 50+mpg, etc. I'd like to get one myself.

cBJr, baconologist and ducnut like this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You need to be quiet and let the man save you from yourself. :crackup:

20. StaccatoFan

You have kids?

IF not....STFU.