1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CB650F

Discussion in 'General' started by CausticYarn, May 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

If you’re not buying until 2023, a 2nd Gen Tiger 800 will be affordable. The XCx, XCa, XRx, and XRt all have electronic cruise control, ABS, TC, etc. With your long legs, the legroom of an ADV bike would be nice. And, you can’t beat cruise control. I love mine.

G 97 likes this.
  2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

is there some tension between you two? :Poke:

969 and Phl218 like this.
  3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Rent an RV and take the kids to a National Park.
    Make memories and show them some of what makes America one of the worlds greatest places to find adventure. On the way and back there’s lots of history to discover. Like in South Dakota you can show them where the Little House on the Prairie books were written. Then read the books to them. Good Mom type stuff.

4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Hmmmmm...maybe you missed the solo part of the OP's post.

Steeltoe likes this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

What gave you the indication these folks ever read the first post?

969 and R Acree like this.
  6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Hope springs eternal I guess. If you bother to write it, I bother to read it.

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

No shit.
    "I wanna go cross country with a sleeping bag and a tent...on a budget."
    "Oh, well, you'll need a Panigale."
    Was everyone being sarcastic and I'm just dense or WTF?
    I must be new. :D

8. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

No! A brand new dually with a Cummins

9. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Girl trips are on the agenda before then. I can get all 3 bicycles in my wip - we are doing a MN weekend bike tour this year We also have a little campground right near us - so when things open up again, they will be learning outdoor sufficiency skills. Everyone should get in a tent and a hammock at least once a year :)

the bike trip, however - is momma’s adventure.

ducnut and baconologist like this.
  10. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone!
    Sorry for the partial drama. Just need something to work for - and the diversity here always lends good info.

11. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

I'd third or fourth a VFR. I did a days travel on a Hawk with no fairing on the highway, that was the longest motorcycle ride ever. I'd made the same trip on a VFR 20 times and never got beaten up like I did on the naked bike.

ducnut likes this.
  12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I have a 5th Gen VFR in the garage and still wouldn’t take that over an ADV bike. If all I could afford was a Versys 300-X, I’d still take the Kawasaki.

baconologist likes this.
  13. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

The ADV platform is just to versatile. Its the analogy of Miata vs SUV

ducnut likes this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

No need to be sorry, I didn't see any drama here. Just expressing a dream/goal you are working towards.

Good Luck, I'm sure you can pull it off.

15. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

I was not much a fan of ADV bikes. Rented a BMW F800 a few years ago with friends for a few days of riding in Northern Utah and came away really impressed. They're generally not much to look at, but I enjoyed my time and we were mostly on paved roads.

ducnut likes this.
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

In spite of years of experience to the contrary? That sounds like a mental health issue.:D

Maybe you could join her.

Yzasserina likes this.
  17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Wrong thread, and it would be a Godzilla! :D

18. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Maybe you missed the part of the OP being a Mom of young kids....solo's not much of an option.

And this coming from a single Dad of ayoung kid....so I know what I speak of from experience.

It's not about "ME" anymore....not for a very long time. You still do what you want, but you find ways to include YOUR FAMILY in the adventure.
    Make memories with them that they'll take with them for the rest of their lives....build a relationship that will endure.

I love to ride as well. We're all here because that's our common ground. My son expressed his interest in riding at 4. Got him a bike at 5, we discovered MiniGP,
    and my big bikes sit more than they used to....but my life is a LOT better racing MiniGP than it ever has been because of him.

OP's kids in 3 years will be plenty old enough for a cross country adventure. She can have her motorcycle trip...and some daughters that deep down don't like being left behind.
    Again...I know these things. Whenever I have to go out of town for work.....I have a little guy that's NONE to happy I left. He wants to go, and he also doesn't like losing his
    week nights with Dad on that week.

I'm just putting the kids first....that's all.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What they said, a wee strom would be perfect and adjustable for everything you could want from luggage to wind protection to power for heated gear and anything else you could thing of.

Of course I say Mutlistrada :D

969 likes this.
  20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

This was my bike lineup a little over 10 years ago...

[​IMG]

This is the current lineup. If you would have told me I would own these bikes 10 years ago I'd have said you're insane. (yeah, I paved the driveway and I still have the RZ:D)

[​IMG]

Phl218 and G 97 like this.