1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carolina Motorsports Park With STT Nov 20-21st....

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Motorin Mark, Oct 26, 2010.

1. got40

got40 On hiatus...

:crackhead:

Did I say a word about the track surface or facility? I know why my tire wore and it had nothing to do with the freakin surface.

2. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

still a kid :Poke: woulda never guessed you were that old

3. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

ok then why :D

4. got40

got40 On hiatus...

Actually, there are several reasons. 1.) It was a soft rear. It still lasted a day without flipping. 2.) My 175 lb self has no need for a 14 kg shock spring thats currently on the bike. That should be remedied by Jennings.

I really like CMP, as a vendor and as a rider; I'd never knock the place. For some reason, the turnout there is really low for race weekends, but I would really like to see one (or more) of the Roebling rounds get moved there, particularly the National.

5. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

well you know the reasons , knowing is half the battle :Poke:

some people just bitch and dont have a clue

6. got40

got40 On hiatus...

nah I just didn't want to sound like I was making excuses. I didn't do the times I'd like to be doing, 42.8 ain't bad but it ain't good either. Instead of coming on and being like "my shock this and that... blah blah blah" I just left it out so I didn't sound like a bitch.

i just need to go faster.

7. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

:rolleyes: :crackup:

8. ryankerrracing

ryankerrracing Well-Known Member

wasn't picking at you, you and others were making post as to wearing out /destoying tires at cmp.

not trying to pee in your wheaties

9. Steverin06

Steverin06 Well-Known Member

This thread Is starting to make more sense. Once you get into the 35s or faster on a 1000, you'll know what I'm talking about. Can you ride on the rear tire all day? Sure, but after 3 fast sessions you'll have to really try for 38s, and that rear is wasted IMO.

10. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

And since you wanna bring that point into it I'm sure someone say yates would have no issue turning 30s or faster on a shagged out tire you can't do 38s on , while gaining info . so IMO your point is pointless

11. Steverin06

Yates was turning 28s there a few years ago. Care to guess how often he had to switch rears to get the setup info he needed?

12. 418

418 Expert #59

On a 600 it might be a different situation but on a 1000 that place can eat through some tires. It's bumpy, it's abrasive and it's got some places where you're asking the rear tire to do allot of work.

13. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

Doesn't really matter if he ran one lap per tire or one tire all day , if new tires were the only way to go fast then why do top level racers usually run faster laps towards the end of the race on shagged out tires if you are basically saying a tire is worthless after 3 "fast" sessions

14. 418

418 Expert #59

3 session is about the length of a AMA SBK race.

15. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

Yep and if it was yates , hayes , tommy and whoever else battling for the win they not only would be going WAY faster then any of us but would more then likely going faster at the end of the race then at the start of it

16. 418

418 Expert #59

That doesn't matter. A shagged tire is a shagged tire. Just because those guys can ride around it's problems better than you or I can doesn't make that tire any less crap.

17. Steverin06

First of all, professional racers don't usually set their fastest laps near the end of the race, nor do they usually set their fastest at the beginning.

People are still wondering why the turnouts are low, even though the facility is one of the nicest around? It's simple, the place is extremely hard on tires, and a lot of people think the layout Is boring.

That's cute you put quotes over the word fast, as if It's not already implied that it is a relative term. However, I believe once you get to 35s or under at Kershaw, you really start asking a lot of your rear and It does lose grip much faster than most anyplace else. You're never going to see a fastest lap near the end of a solo at kershaw if that person Is running 35s or faster.

18. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

Your right about one thing . this whole debate doesn't matter cause its all irrelevant . Your tires are only as good as you think they are anyway .... but ones man's junk is another man's treasure

19. 418

418 Expert #59

Correct, I just think there is too many variables then just saying "learn how to setup a bike".

20. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

Iil remember that next time i I watch someone run everyone down from behind and they say time And time again at the end of a race that "insert whoever here" just set the fastest lap of the race with 2-3 laps to go . that I was lied to