1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carolina Motorsports Park With STT Nov 20-21st....

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Motorin Mark, Oct 26, 2010.

1. got40

got40 On hiatus...

I annilhated my rear tire. It took a day; I’m on a 600 and I spent most of the day off pace. The new layout has a lot of areas where you are hard on the gas with the bike leaned over.

2. dubguy85

dubguy85 Well-Known Member

I had a blast.. I was in the I group, one of my buddies was in the A group, and 2 of my buddies in the N group...

I was the 4th person out in the I group the very first session of the day... Some knucklehead didn't pay attention to the riders meeting and went down 4 yards from hot pit in turn one..... I did 1 lap and coming back down the front stretch another guy came right out of pit and crashed in one in front of me again... DANGET PEOPLE..... 1 IS SLICK IN THE MORNING.. DON'T GO OUT ON COLD TIRES AND TRY AND BLAST THROUGH ONE...

I group had very little crashing though... Was a great track.. First time there, I have no idea what my times were though.

3. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

That run to the last turn is fun as hell bent over grabbin gears and WTFO , down to 1st and back it in slam it over and back on the gas .... was goin down to 2nd at first screwed up and hit 1st once and had to bout every time after that just for the fun factor ...

Great track , still don't agree with the tire wear issues . 3 of us had zero wear issues im sure I was the fastest in our group . the lopS were great the other 2 were on M street tires . I will be back to ride there again

4. ryankerrracing

ryankerrracing Well-Known Member

for all you guys complaining about the abrasive suface and your tires not lasting are way off base.

not to toot my own horn , but i'm pretty sure i was the fastest guy there, period.
    and ran 1 set of soft dunlop 211 gpa all day. the only thing we did was flip them at lunchtime.
    seems as though alot of you need better suspension set-ups, and maybe change some of your braking/throttle habits.
    there are multiple lines in many of the corners there, but i saw most guys always hugging the inside lines .
    i spent most of my day passing guys on the outside.
    THERE IS NO REASON TO BAG ON THE TRACK SUFACE , THE GRIP IS GREAT, AND MOST TIRE MANUFACTURERS MAKE 3 DIFF COMPOUNDS. excessive tire wear is due to a # of factors !
    great facility, but maybe 1/2 the adv class riding over their heads.
    a little more monitoring by the track coaches is maybe in order .

ryan kerr
    AMA # 28

5. dubguy85

Ugh OH...... We need some lap time boys... Who won the trackday? :crackup:

6. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

NO he probably was the fastest and I agree 100% with him , I had a med GPa on the rear and it was doing just fine all day long . I'm sure I was way off of his pace hell I was way off of mine

7. ryankerrracing

don't be a jackass.
    i was making a point , and trying to let guys see that there are many reasons for tire wear.
    i don't need to get in a dick measuring contest.
    and by the way jake lewis was right there with me , and i believe he rode on a med set of n-tecs all day also !

8. dubguy85

LOL I'm just messin.. I actually think I talked to you or your dad quite a bit (not sure who is typing). I'm from Ohio as well.

My tires were just fine as well... I had 2 track days on my Power Race and I got through the day just fine no slippage.

9. ryankerrracing

10. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

The weekend was fantastic!!! Saturday was a little trying with the more than average crashes, but Sunday was a whole new group and very little track down time. Jake was on Dunlop Medium GP takeoffs from RATL and we went thru 2 rear takeoffs on Sat. and one new set on Sunday riding 6 of 7 sessions...well within expectations.
    Ryan and Jake were definately hauling ass on Saturday, but Jake dropped 2.5 seconds on Sunday ending up with low :36.2s. Ryan, you should have stuck around another day...track was even better on Sunday and there were several new riders doing low :37s running!!! Tdub

BTW, Ryan I agree totally with your post about the tire wear!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  11. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

Tire wear is 100% related to set up . ya some tracks are harder on tires then others but with a good set up wear can be controlled and set up for one track may or may not work at another , that track is abrasive but little tally is worse IMO . CMPs grip is phenomenal fun layout great facility over all

12. ryankerrracing

cool ! glad you had a good 2nd day

13. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

We had 2 great days...2nd just happened to be a little better than the first. Typical STT weekend!

14. ryankerrracing

dad never got the clock out,
    we were working on some ride height set-ups.
    trying to get better switch back, rt/lft transitions,
    wish cmp was closer and we had more time before winter.
    guess we still have jennings for dec

15. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

We will be there both days!

16. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Tryce, Dave Brown said Jake was rolling!

17. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Gary, actually a pretty funny story. Jake and the guys planned a bike ride up 510 instead of running the last session on Saturday before dark. I told Jake we really had not reached our goal for the day, so if he wanted to go for the bike ride he needed to do a .37 (he had been stuck at a low .38 all day). Jake said he would do it in the second lap of the last session so he could catch up with the other guys on the bicycles. He went out and not only got the .37 but stayed out till he dropped to a mid .36, then peeled of the leathers to get into his cycling gear. Oh how I remember a McFlurry would get you a race win LOL! Next thing you know it will take a stripper! Damn kids! Tdub

18. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

Tdub calling someone a damn kid lol what are you like 16 :D:rock::Poke:

19. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

LOL, great story!

20. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Just turned 19 actually:wow: