1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carolina Motorsports Park With STT Nov 20-21st....

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Motorin Mark, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Motorin Mark

Motorin Mark Well-Known Member

That's right we head back to Carolina Motorsports Park On Nov 20-21st the weekend before Thanksgiving. This is a very fun and flowing track that some of you have not rode before. It is located in Kershaw,SC about the same drive as Jennings GP from Atlanta. The Pits/paddock are great with lots of room, electric everywhere, showers and even garages that can be rented.

Of course FREE Novice classroom and on-track instruction as at all STT events and Int and Adv Track Coaches are also there for you to use at no charge.

We bring tons of Michelin Race Tires with us at great prices so if you need new skins we have you covered there too.

Racing season is over, but still some great time this year to ride and have some fun or work on bike setups. Come on out and join us for some fun.

Thank you WERA riders and racers for your continued support!

Go to www.sportbiketracktime.com to register.

2. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

What's weather like down there in Nov ?

3. Motorin Mark

Honestly, its been all over the map, One year 70 degrees both days, about three years ago I did the riders meeting Sunday morning and it was 18 degrees and only warmed to about 50 degrees or so. Last year Sat was great, about 65, Sunday started the same but we did have rain come in about 1pm for the day, so really its anybody's guess but we will be there regardless for some fun.

Come join us:up:

4. Terp01

Terp01 Well-Known Member

At this point I am on the fence about going due to the weather. How is the Intermediate group filling up?

5. Motorin Mark

Right now Int is about half filled so you still have a bit of time to decide.

6. Terp01

Terp01 Well-Known Member

You guys run a very good show Mark. I was there with you guys in April and was very happy with how it was run. I'll check in a few weeks and see if availability in slot and weather plays out...

7. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Whats the cost and is there room in the race or advanced class on Sat?
    What are the bike tech requirements?

8. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

You will find all the info here...
    http://www.sportbiketracktime.biz/

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

This is always a great event.. As Mark said the weather has been back and forth. However it did always warm up in the day... Last year we had a little shower on Sunday but it was fun with the rains on... I wish I could make this but work has me booked the rest of the year. You guys go if your on the fence... CMP Rocks.. However watch out for that #85... Last year he was searching for a track Map in the AM.. This year he wont be needing it...

10. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

No stt membership for this event

There is no STT membership required for this event... it's the end of the season.

11. ryankerrracing

ryankerrracing Well-Known Member

i was charged $10.00 --what was that for?????????

12. Motorin Mark

Not sure, call the sign-in center tomorrow between 9am-4pm EST and ask the girls and they should be able to clear it up for you. 888-390-4020 ext 2

13. nickalltogether

nickalltogether Active Member

I'm signed up for this event, very excited... I too was charged the $10.

14. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

There is an optional membership (it is $10 you get a 2010 STT T-Shirt mailed to you and stickers for your bike/trailer , etc..) but the membership is not manditory.

When you register, if you have not attended an STT event in 2010 you are asked to create an ID and password. Sounds like you are also adding a membership to your cart as well. If you do not want the membership then do not add it to your cart, only add the event(s) that you want to ride.

Hope that helps.

15. nickalltogether

nickalltogether Active Member

Yeah I think I already screwed up... oh well. So for future information am I going to have to pay the $10 again next year or is some kind of permanent deal?

16. Motorin Mark

Intermediate is now Sold Out both days. Thanks all.

Less than two weeks away!

17. The Alien

The Alien Member

There are five of us coming from the Pittsburgh PA area. Anyone else coming from near the Burgh?

Where is the best place to stay?

18. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

2 from clev and me from cbus

19. The Alien

The Alien Member

Right now we have rooms reserved in Lancaster (about 20 minutes north of Kershaw). Is the Executive Inn (right in Kershaw) a better way to go? From what I can tell, there is nothing special about either location. Thoughts?

Mark D. (The Alien)

20. got40

got40 On hiatus...

I'm there. Advanced both days...

Hopefully I get to ride this time without overheating problems.