1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

captive rear ends for SS

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by goodmatt78, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

Ok, your ideas are good - for a SB team. Even at that, you're not 100% good on the front idea, but you tried. Constructive enough?

My dumbass comment was after you told me to calm down and then proceeded to state (In your opinion although you didn't state that...) I am always attacking people.

You, again, fail to show where I was personally attacking you or being condescending towards you. I was harsh to you AFTER you told me to calm down and that all I do is get irrate. Or, as you put it "freak out". I simply told them NOT to follow your suggestions as the whole thing from Karson to you to everyone else started to get a little fuzzy. I was basically telling them NOT to so what you suggested as they will get protested. How is that a personal attack? If I stated "Don't follow what this dousche bag says 'cause he's way off base", I could understand, but I didn't.

I do have a lot of great ideas for SS. Unfortunately, that is part of the learning curve, isn't it? More ideas for SB, however. Nonetheless, he can PM me if he wants ideas...

2. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

Jimmy Chance/ Quality machine has a solution for the rear caliper, its only like 45 bucks.

you can look at our 600 at jennings it is set up the way you are looking. Ed on our team set up the swingarm, but as mentioned i dont know if it would be SS legit. The mod jimmy chance i think would be.

3. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

Thanks Wiz, but I think we found a solution for about $.50 using a large zip-tie....I will be sure to check it out though....thanks!

4. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

tried it (zip ties) works ok but it will bite you in the azz. spend the 45 bucks and go with the jimmy chance deal. you wont be sorry

5. Lizard 1

Wiz-

They can't nodify anything on their bike or they will be illegal. Anything that mods the way the bike is from stock is a big chance on their part. A fresh fat zip tie will work fine. A lot of teams did it and do it now....

6. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

and 100 percent in person :clap: :beer: :D

7. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

seemed better in person ......

got it zip tied , 1 towards the front and 1 towards the rear with one hold them together so they wont slide off the bracket ..

working pretty good !! it will hold the weight of the wheel and stay in place :up: so now i just set the wheel in the caliper then slide the axel through and dont have to do eleventeen things at the same time

8. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

Gotta call BS on this one.
    Unless you are a sensitive sissy bitch, Brian is one of the best people you will ever meet racing.
    :up:

9. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

hey i know the jackass, i was kidding around

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

i believe i was introduced to lizard last year...certainly not the persona presented here.

hmmm. haven't met brad, yet. i wonder if that should wait? :D

11. Steve Karson

Oh yeah, I forgot you had to put up with him last year!!! MWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was he still wearing women’s panties under his leathers????
    The worst was when he wore that cheetah thong, and kept changing in and out of his leathers in the pits!
    :Puke:

12. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

i never post negative shit about people i dont like........its the ones i like that is open season on:up:

13. Steve Karson

So I take that to mean that he is STILL wearing womens panties???:wow:

14. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

O.K...I'm Not seeing where the zip ties would go..at least on my 02 gix 600..:(

Can you post up some pic's ...for us not so smart people..?:Poke: :D

15. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

you shouldnt have the same problem on that bike , the caliper mount is actually mounted . on the newer bikes it will fall to the ground . i could do a rear tire change on my 01 750 in 30 seconds or less . so whats your problem ??? you california people that slow :Poke:

il have jason take some pix this weekend at jennings ... my camera sucks ass

16. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Just SLow with my hands....:p

Pic's would be appreciated...:up:

And..yes, we all know you suck at taking pic's....:p :p

17. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

you don't need any mods like this for the '01-'03 600s. the stabilizer arm holds the caliper in place.

18. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

i have a swing arm for your 600 its all set. it has a caotive mod to hold the brake caliper, has both the adjusters on rails, the nut is captive all you due is use a 1/2 impact, or 1/2 rachet and spin the axle out put the wheel in and spin the axle back in. its what we used on our 1K last year.

its in my trailer at jennings. 250.00 takes.

19. Lizard 1

Just wait Wiz, just wait - you'll see my pit antics first hand hopefully this year...

As far as the panties, Karson - you and I had an agreement that we wouldn't share our love for each other with the world until we were both ready. I'm VERY dissapointed and am feeling as if we should just break up. Some men!

Plus, the last time we were racing and spooning, you promised me that it was a pack of Rolos in your pocket when I asked. I now know the real story.:eek:

20. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

there rear brke caliper is not mounted to anything other than the arm to hold it from spinning. the 00- 03 is harder than the 04/05