1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

captive rear ends for SS

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by goodmatt78, Mar 10, 2006.

1. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

Anyone have pics of SS mods to make the wheel spacers, adjusterplates, ...etc captive on an 04-05 GSXR600? How about mods to make the rear caliper stay in place?

Anyone care to share there secrets with a back of the pack team? :D :beer:

2. 92excel

92excel Well-Known Member

Doesn't that suck. You can just here the crickets.

3. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

No Pics, But.....

Hey there, i dont have any pictures, but maybe u can picture it in your head. I dont know what the back end of your bike is like, but on our 1st gen SV one of our biggest problems was the rear caliper hanger, so what we did was slot the hanger. We took a H shaped piece of aluminum, then machined a T / L into the hanger, then drilled and tapped the swingarm to mount the H bracket to. on our spacers, we were able to maching some that were beveled at one end and pushed into the wheel seal staying put. The axle we simply attached a pull lever and joined the nut/washer assembly on the other side. As for the front end, which we havent done yet, we will use ti quick release leavers from bicycles for the axle pinch bolt, thenadd aircraft quality locking pins to the calipers (They are shaped like a T with a ball bearing at the end that locks in, when you want to pull the caliper, push a button on the top of the T, releasing the bearing, and pull) and thats about it. Kind of a ramble, but hope i can help,

P.S. hows the bike coming along Macheka or is it Machika.

4. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

RTFRB. :D

e) You may switch bolts on the front and rear brake calipers to a bolt with another size head, the bolts must be of the same strength and material. You may not use push pin type fasteners on the brake calipers.

5. benprobst

Yup

Yeah, I was just giving ideas, our bike is full superbike. But i think the rear end is ss legal.

6. Steve Karson

I think that that rule applies to all machines, regardless of what class they are running in. Never meant to say that your ideas were not good, just pointing out that you can't legally use push-pin fastners to hold the calipers on the bike.

7. 92excel

92excel Well-Known Member

We are waiting for bodywork to show up. Bikes wired and ready. Thermosman prepped the rear Ohlins, did brakes,chain, sending forks out today. Basically ready, will just need to put forks back on and new bodywork. No one has an exhuast system yet. So, will be running ugly stockers 1st race. The bike isn't going to be slow. Funny, we have a kit black box already but no pipe. Thats ok, it's another 1k I can defer until Talledega.

8. benprobst

Thanks

Sounds good Matt, hopefully we get out to a few endurances, looks like we wont be going out until later in the season though. And to Steve, thanks, i guess ill have to go back to the rulebook, the desing we had planned to use was an old desing from one of my dads endurance bikes, anyway see ya all at the races.

9. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

NONE of that is SS legal. None. DO NOT use this as an example as you will be DQ'd and lose points if ANY SS team sees what you've done...

10. benprobst

First off calm down, every post I read from you is some sort of an attack or you freakign out about something. Second, read my post, I state we are running a full SUPERBIKE SV, making the rear end legal, I was simply giving some ideas. As far as the front end goes, we havent done any of that stuff too,(which stevekarson has already said is illegal, making your post irrelevant) I was simply talking about an idea. So if you have something constructive to add please reply, if not then I say we leave it alone, and hope someone can get some ss ideas posted up on this thread.

11. Lizard 1

Hey dumbass, where was I personally attacking you? State it EXACTLY and I'll be polite and say "sorry". Otherwise, it was all getting a bit confusing and seeing that these guys are first year racers in the series, I didn't want them trying something that was illegal.

Besides, i read your post and was wondering why the hell you responded when they stated they were SS.

Why the hell the comment about me personally attacking people? Shut up unless you actually have a point. Jesus.

Besides, I can guarantee you have little to no experience since you didn't know about the front. For Christ's sake, why is everyone so damn touchy.

Hey Karson, am I that much of a dick or are all these newbies too touchy?:rolleyes:

12. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

90% of the time you do come off as a dick online :beer:

13. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

90% of the time?

14. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

OK maybe more LOL

15. Steve Karson

No, your not a dick, you just play one on the bbs. :D

16. Lizard 1

i know. It's like therapy getting reactions from so many wannabes and tools that it sorta makes my day. It's absolutley a hoot, sometimes...

Hey, you coming up to the Grattan dealio? We're in for another year, but I heard Dan has to get students to pay. Is that right? Tracy is talking about doing something with Grattan via his shop...

17. benprobst

I guess you didnt read the part where I said calm down. And just a tip, dont say things like hey dumbass when your trying to say you dont personally attack people (not to mention it makes you sound ignorant seeing you dont know me or my level of intelligence). (LIZARD1 said - Shut up unless you actually have a point.) - so I guess I dont need to shut up seeing I have a point. I posted some of our team ideas simply because the guy was not getting any responses, and I thought Id give him something to think about. But still, I do apologize if I got the guy off on the wrong foot thinking our mods were SS legal. As for you LIZARD1, it seems you have some knowledge about this stuff, and thats great, its always nice having people around to help. But it seems to me your always the first to jump to an aggressive post, ever think about trying to change that.
    For instance
    (STEVEKARSON said, I think that that rule applies to all machines, regardless of what class they are running in. Never meant to say that your ideas were not good, just pointing out that you can't legally use push-pin fastners to hold the calipers on the bike.)

See how this person points out what I was wrong about but follows it with something constructive. Ill be the first to admit im wrong, all im asking is that you take this idea into consideration. Also, seeing that you are so experienced, im sure goodmatt78 would appreciate some tips on SS mods.

18. Steve Karson

Just because they are new and in-experienced, doesn't mean they are tools. I can remember how confusing and overwhelming it can be when you start out. Hell, I been racing on and off since '88, I can look back at some of the things I did, and really get a good laugh, but I'm sure that goes for most racers that have been around awhile
    I'm sure you could come up with a few good stories from your early days racing.:D
    I know we have quite a few good stories from the days when you guy's were running the series. Those were some of the most fun times I have had racing endurance. You guy's are good at finding trouble!!he he he
    :bow:

19. Steve Karson

I don't think I am going to make it this year, I won't have a bike to ride, and things are still a little crazy around here with the new baby. I will be at Autobahn, Grattan, and probably Barber this year. Hopefully I should be able to get back to the full series in 2007.

20. Lizard 1

Yeah, talked to a guy and his team is needing a rider for Autobahn and maybe Nelson and Grattan, but I haven't heard anything solid. Let's just say I don't want another year like last season so, I'm going to ask a ton of questions before I say I'll ride for someone.

Hope we can get out there and ride together. We'll see, eh?