1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canceled: AMA Races at Miller Motorsports Park

Discussion in 'General' started by SVbadguy, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Chin up dude! :up:

Bite your tongue on the Laguna round! :tut:

It hadn't even occurred to me that RE/DMG could possibly even leverage themselves right out of that 'shared' weekend as well. :eek:

2. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Hmm... Just another nail in the AMA/DMG coffin...
    There is no way this series is still around come the end of the year...

3. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Sad, sad, sad.

These things usually happen in threes. I can't imagine what's coming next.

DMG is a train wreck full of abortions heading over a cliff.

Let's all enjoy some WSBK and MotoGP, and take a minute to remember AMA pro racing. It's done, stick a fork in it.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  4. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

That might be overstating things just a wee little bit. :Poke:

Or not... :D

5. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Apparently the term "Close Enough" no longer applies to just horse shoes & hand grenades.

6. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Where is RE to chime in on this one. How the hell can someone who has made so much money in his life miss the bulls-eye by so much. Not all business models can be templated and transfered from one company/series to another with equal success. This reeks of an epic failure to understand the target audience. Use the World Superbike model and sport will reach its maximum saturation for the US market (which will never be huge).

7. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

there is rumor that there are no noise restriction, just higher rent to make noise :)

8. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Well RE has been on and posted in another thread. Come on in here RE, we want your take on this. We all want to hear what excuse you will pull out of your ass this time.

9. coturi

coturi Well-Known Member

This is downright garbage! Leave it up to the NASCAR morons to screw up real racing.
    Somehow DMG has managed to make AMA racing even worse than before.

10. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

You know I will admit I am only a lowly peon, and while I had my doubts about things at the beginning of the season, I was willing like most to give this new AMA/DMG stuff a chance. I am running out of excuses and ways I can justify in any way what DMG is doing.

11. BHakalaw

BHakalaw Well-Known Member

So are you saying that you would welcome the MIC with open arms?:Poke:

12. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

If they were competent to actually run it and not run it into the ground, than yes.

13. bigjoker247

bigjoker247 Well-Known Member

Having Miller canceled is a real dissapointment. I cant believe that they would let us fans down like this especially when its one of the races that we wait all year for. DMG GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER! For this sport to grow we need to maximize the amount of events not cut back. Funny how Nascar seems to dominate the airways with like 50 races a year and constant coverage of live qualifying, practice, and everything else. Why cant the same effort be put into the broadcasting of our sport? I must say the 200 night race was awesome aside from the cautions, we should be moving forward from that not backwards.

14. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

Have they come up with dates for the AMA rounds at Jennings and Tally yet? :crackup:

15. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

2 weeks after Roebling, and the week before CMP.

16. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Can you imagine Mat at Jennings and Roebling, my money would be on a sub 1:11 at Jennings, and a 1:06 at Roebling.

17. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

It would be nice if they used the World age limit of 24 as well... I'm 22 now, if I was 21 I guarantee I would be out there running... set the limit at 24, or just make it for the 1st 2 years of being an AMA Pro

18. BHakalaw

BHakalaw Well-Known Member

I can't begin to say how fired up I am about this. I just bought my plane ticket to Utah yesterday. Ughhh.

At least WorldSBK really is a great thing to watch!!!

Out at Fontana today, my thought was...hey...no matter all the things that have occurred this offseason, at least there are bikes on the track. At least racing is happening, no matter how screwy things are. However, seeing a schedule with every race at a non-ISC owned track as "subject to change" really is a scary thing. Today's announcement of the race being scrapped at Miller saddens me, as this really is not, in my humble opinion, the right direction for professional road racing to be moving.

I really hope RE will actually just listen to reason, because the current state of affairs are so out of order its proposterous. It's almost as if he is intentionally trying to bury the series as if it's some retribution/revenge for the lawsuit fiasco between him and the AMA years ago.

At this point, in addition to everything and everyone else, I see one very large finger that should be pointing to Rob Dingman for approval of the sale of all AMA racing properties to the DMG. He seems to have escaped everything unscathed thus far, which I find amazing.

19. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I am sure he was laughing all the way to the bank

20. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

+ 1

I think a lot of this falls on him too, for his decision to sell out. Not a bad idea to get ProRacing in someone else's hands, but geez, he might as well have sold a fireworks stand to a pyromaniac.