1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canadian Scientific Method

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

To me, one of the amusing aspects of today's global warming craze is that when the warming worshipers start spouting statistics of the past hundred years about how the sea levels are rising or the Earth is warming, I keep wondering why that person, or group, cannot wrap their head around the fact that planet cycles generally go into the thousands, and more often, millions of years to make whatever change is happening. The old adage about someone being born on third base and growing up thinking they had hit a triple always comes to mind. The problem is usually that not any of them will actually take the time or effort to study the issue on a personal level. The easy way out is to simply hear someone's opinion and run with it then from that point forward it's just something to argue about.

To fully begin to understand climate one has to pick up books written from both sides of the argument. It's not difficult to do but it does require that one take the time to do it. I can just about guarantee that if everyone was required to do that the issue would die by the time the last person read the last book. :beer:

crashman likes this.
  2. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

You and I have done that, we've put in the time and energy and you're right...the issue would die immediately if people would actually educate themselves about it. I once believed in it. Then about 15 years ago I was encouraged to research it so I did. After a few years of reading the research papers and digging deep, it was very clear that there is zero data to support the AGW climate models. I've witnessed people that I know get science degrees and set out on their careers to study and support (confirmation bias) the theory and when they spent a while researching, they had to abandon their dream because they learned it was a big fat hoax. One guy moved to Europe after that and kind of disappeared so I think he took it pretty hard.

It's very enlightening to hear the founders of the theory and what they have to say now. Every single one of them admits that it's not true, and some go so far as to say that it is an outright scam. It's very fascinating and frustrating how that this issue has destroyed credibility in the scientific method. It has made a mockery of science in general and I hate seeing that because I'm a big 'ol nerd and loves me some science.

Actually you know what...it can be as easy as just having people invest the 2 hrs and go back and watch Al Gore's stupid (1st) movie. At the time it scared people but just go back and watch it now because everything in it is wrong and has not happened or been proven false. Honestly if people would just watch it again, it would change everything because hindsight is 20/20.

crashman likes this.