1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canadian Scientific Method

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Sep 14, 2017.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

The earth has been "warming" over an extremely short period of time and there has been enough concern that the data may have been cherry picked to maximize effect. Not to mention little to no emphasis has been placed on the variability of solar output or the accuracy of older instrumentation. Where the temperature measurements were taken is also a variable that seems to be ignored. So no, the science is really not "settled" unless you are willing to ignore several key variables because the current narrative supports the same agenda that you do.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's a good thing you're an impartial observer, then. :crackup:

3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Sorry, but most of you have it wrong. The climate change debate isn't about science, and it isn't about climate change. It's about political and social philosophy and quasi religious belief.

The left is anti-American, and anti-Western. They believe that man, especially Western man has sinned in his use of fossil fuels and technology. The only solution to that is top down control from government and Supra national institutions. We're all in grave danger from the sins of man, so we must let our betters in government control more so those amazing do gooders can save us from ourselves. That's what they think. Leftist ideology as practiced today and fascism are the same thing.

Do we want to win the debate and stop the left from imposing their ever more onerous laws on us? Stop talking about science. No one gives a fuck about it. People decide what propaganda they want to promulgate and then find shills to create so called science around it. It's how it works. Use emotion and imagery. Draw parallels between the left and historical fascists. We should put images of violent rabid rioting leftists alongside images of rabid Nazis and Japanese nationalists. Talk about how leftist policies will hurt and maim children. Those are the tactics they use and they're extremely effective. If freedom loving people want to win, they need to abandon debate through reason. It doesn't work. Emotional argument and shameless bullshit do. Whether the Earth is warming or not, or if it's due to human activity is irrelevant. Facts mean nothing. If we want to beat the left, we must emulate their tactics. The propagandists on the right are doing a piss poor job.

blkduc, R Acree and brex like this.
  4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Drill baby drill!:D

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

At least as impartial as the Global Warming Clergy.

sheepofblue likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:whoosh:

7. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, are you seriously suggesting that we puny beings that are inhabiting basically 4% of the Earth's surface have the power to change the climate? Really? Since about 1984, when the first satellites became able to start measuring the surface temp of the planet, there has been very little difference in temp overall. Since about 1997 there has been no warming at all. (This is not just my opinion but recorded fact.) Some research even shows that the planet might be approaching another cooling event. What if boils down to is that science simply does not know.

Other research shows that over the past few million years the Earth has been actually a better place to live when it grows warmer. More, healthier, and faster, growth of plant life is available to sustain larger populations when the temp goes up slightly and especially if CO2 is also higher. Speaking of CO2, about one million or so years ago the CO2 level was four times what it is now. The planet is still here. How can that be explained? All the worldwide and recorded research that goes back several hundred years shows that what we're seeing today is well within the normal variance of climate.

8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

:crackup: climate 'science' is not settled, there is a reason people still study it. The current trend seems to be warming just as there has been periodic ups and downs forever. That said the current data is so 'adjusted' that any conclusion should be questioned. So sign away YOUR freedom mine will be fought for climate whorshipper :timeforabeer:

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:whoosh:

10. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Who got to declare that climate change was settled science? Is any other branch of science settled?

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Gender. :Poke:

brex likes this.
  12. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Damn it! I'm almost through with my Gender Studies degree from a prominent online university, only to have you inform me that it has no value. Good thing I kept my fry cook certification current.

jdavis6446 likes this.
  13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Well, you'll likely need that gender studies degree to keep that fry cook job in the near future.

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The earth was much hotter in the past, so I am going to claim the science is settled that the earth is cooling.

badmoon692008 and Orvis like this.
  15. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Touché - in so far as the debate that it is a warming trend that is not necessarily beneficial to humans globally.

I fall in the "I've always been surrounded by the great lakes and always will be, so let your tides rise and water wars commence" camp.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Cold kills a fuckton more humans than does heat...

17. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Science can't be settled, that's not what science is. If someone says "science is settled", then you immediately know they are ignorant. It's the equivalent of "I had to lay 'er down" which means , "I don't know how to ride a motorcycle". Just ask this guy-

"no amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong"

--Albert Einstein

badmoon692008 likes this.
  18. blkduc

Then why the fuck is the population exploding around this gawt dayum icebox? :mad:

19. blkduc

No warming in 20 years, record low tropical storms and tornadoes for a decade, no sea level rise, and every single climate alarmist prediction (all based on computer models) has not happened. Not kinda happened, none of them, not close, not at fucking all. We've :dead: the shit out of this subject. It's a religion, a scam, and not only is AGW not happening, there's not even one piece of evidence suggesting it's plausible. Not even maybe.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Where the fuck else would you expect to find snowflakes? :Poke: