1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we discuss TWA 800?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robby-Bobby, May 12, 2019.

1. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I think the flight was at around 13,000 feet when it broke up. That would make it out of the 2 mile range listed above for a shoulder fired missile.

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I believe it was Netflix or amazon. I’ll get the exact name.

Like I said, 2-3 random people maybe.

But hundreds, seeing something from the ground up, yea I’m gonna have to think a little more than that.

Also they reconstructed lots of that plane and even tested lots of pieces for explosive content or whatever the term is and every one that tested positive was somehow lost in FBI custody.

Why were the ATF and other orgs ALL hindered in their investigation by FBI?

Why were numerous FBI agents seen from midnight-3am entering a locked hangar that stored the evidence?

Why were the tags switched from the debris field?

I don’t know what would be to gain by shooting it down. How do we know someone unknown, but very important was on it? It’s not like they gonna tell us either way.

This was the only “conspiracy” type show I’ve watched and actually came back thinking something smelled bad....

3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

No thought or opinion on the flight but it is an absolute fact that the FBI is a dirty, corrupt, shit lord filled organization. I would be suspicious about ANYTHING they touch.

ducnut likes this.
  4. Robby-Bobby

It’s funny you mention that because of the last 2 or so years, I would have easily accepted their findings.

You literally explained why I’m very reluctant to immediately believe their official account.

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

The range parameters for Stinger target interception is classified. Whatever "Jane's" says concerning performance characteristics is decidedly conservative.
    Think Doppler effect...you can successfully engage beyond the weapons range on fast, incoming targets - if you can see it. Fast, outgoing targets are successfully engaged within a very limited range. The sights provide ranging capability.

Flight motor time is 19 seconds. Auto-detonation if you miss the target. Proximity fuse will detonate the warhead if close but no impact.
    Getting hit, sans detonation, would bring down anything not designed for war. A 22 pound tube flying at 1500+/- mph? That's 22k fps (if I mathed correctly)...the impact alone would be explosive so, yeah, you're dead.
    (Maybe they disarmed the warhead for a covert strike?)

I'm not up to date on my "If it flies, it dies!" tech, but the increase in "engagement" range is due to more sensitive "optics".
    19 seconds of flight time at Mach 2(+) is around 80 miles.
    No one is focusing on a target 80 miles away, these things are just seriously over-powered. If "they" say the range is now five miles, you can prolly bet that means straight up...and then some.

6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

:beer: I was putting out thoughts for people to ponder. I do not comment on this type of topic with any information ;)

7. fastfreddie

Considering the auto-downgrade/declassification of classified info every three years if not updated, I'm good. I haven't been updated in decades...I'm totally without class. :D

8. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Messed up a decimal place. (1500 mi/hr)(1hr/3600sec)(5280ft/mi) = 2,200 ft/sec.

10. fastfreddie

There it is. I divided by 360. Derp.
    Still, a 22 lb bullet five feet long?
    Yeah, you're toast.
    Hell, the launch motor could kill ya and it flies less than a 100yds, the backblast of which will also kill you.

11. sheepofblue

So using numbers provided it could go 19x2200=41800 straight up give or take (thrust up against gravity and drag would subtract and coast would add). At 45 degrees that translates to roughly 5 3/4 miles out and under 30K up. So consider airport to range of explosion and realize as that goes above 6 miles the altitude capability drops. Of course if someone used something like a Russian Anti Aircraft battery instead the issue becomes different.... though I suspect that might have stuck out a bit on the beach or down in the cul-de-sac.

So while the tin foil hat crowd goes wild.... :Pop:

12. Robby-Bobby

TWA Flight 800

Amazon Prime movie

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Why not!

14. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Were all these questions answered by the film with actual evidence? Like, really hard evidence that's been vetted and proved? I've watched a few conspiracy movies on 911, and sure, they say all kinds of things that are presented as evidence, but really just made up BS.

If you were a government agency, or some shadow company that needed to kill an individual and be sure it couldn't be traced back to you in any possible circumstance, would you choose to kill them by shooting down a planeload of people? Or just have him slip in the tub and crack his skull?

And, if the terrorists had shot down the plane, they'd have claimed credit within minutes, hours or days.

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Looking back at things our government has done in the past
    I don't know if you're safe granting them that much intelligence.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not granting the government intelligence is how you know they didn't do it. They can't hide things like that for shit. It always comes out.

17. Robby-Bobby

Definitely was shot down.

18. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I'm still not sold. The documentary had some compelling arguments, but in the end the fuel tank exploding still makes more sense. I could maybe be sold on a missle, but not three seperate missles from three seperate locations as was claimed.
    The eye witness accounts that the film lays so much weight in doesn't match three missiles heading toward the plane.
    Still was an interesting watch.

19. sheepofblue

Yep check out the syphilis experiments, totally horrible and 100% #@!$@# up. Yet one of the participants outed it. If there was ever a list of things you should never admit taking it to your grave it is you did that to other people on purpose.

flyingfun likes this.
  20. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member