1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling armchair lawyers (and real)

Discussion in 'General' started by Fencer, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I also pointed this position out. And cited local ordinance. But local ordinance says owner would not be responsible if trespassing occurred. The cat was no doubt in the dogs yard. Hence principles.....

Also, it wouldn't be considered a public space but a private yard, if it happened in the street, park or even a sidewalk it would be different.

2. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Not sure we want Jessie in on this. White cat, black dog....

3. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

The dog had previously warned the cat,"Get off my Lawn!!!!"

And yes, if the deer if on your yard and it bets a boo boo, for whatever reason, you are obligated by humanity to track the blood trail and end the deers misery as we know the health care that deer receive is poor quality and extremely expensive and it is best to just "put it down " like a Harley...

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I think I see why some of you have problems with neighbors.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I have two cats the owner of the deceased cat is welcome to. I hate those sobs.

Fencer likes this.
  6. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Light the cat ladies house on fire. Throw dead cat in. Cat gets cremated, and you get rid of a cat lady in the 'hood. win/win.

Fencer and SuddenBraking like this.
  7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Fencer and YamahaRick like this.
  8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Shades of The Black Cat.

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Have him pay it. Think of it as a speeding ticket.

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Yeah, right. Like when Bad Company chased bad guys into an adjacent country cuz they had to, you know, retaliate a threat? :rolleyes:

The cat high-tailed it. Further pursuit, let alone murder, is not justified.
    If the cat stayed in the dog's compound, it's legally a different story.

(Just jumpin' off the popular and proverbial ledge, you know, for the thrill.) :D

11. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Pay the owner a couple hundred, apologize, and be done with it. Don’t put anything on the sitter. Getting a good sitter that you can trust in your house with your animals isn’t always easy to find. If they’re doing a job like pet sitting, it typically isn’t because they’re sitting on a small fortune and just passing the time. It’s probably a kid hustling a buck. It was an accident and it shouldn’t happen again.

Fencer likes this.
  12. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

13. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Tell the cat owner the dogs normally charge $200 per cat extermination, but you talked with them and they are willing to give the first one free this time. Please keep them in mind for all your future cat extermination needs. They are also branching out into squirrels and give quantity discounts..

Or, I’d say it sounds like there’s fault on both sides, I’ll split it with you. Here’s a $100 and a big cup of fuck off.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Pet Sematary :D

15. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

This. Growing up, our dogs got out and messed up the neighbor's cat. Cost my parents nearly 2k to have the cat saved.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Stupid pet owner should have taught the dog to drag the carcass back to his own property. Then it would have been self protection.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  17. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Stand your electronic fence.

Is there any way to prove that the cat came onto the property?

My sister's dog is a cat killing missile. She's paid for a cat cremation or two regardless of where the kill occurred and where the cat was when the dog saw it. He's also killed chickens but who keeps chickens inside the city of ATL?

18. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Having been there, this sounds like a loaded question.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If the carcass is on my property prove it didn't. I keep my dogs contained. I have a problem with cat people that think their precious quadrupeds should be free to roam. Bastages get footprints on my car, have sprayed the interior when we left a window open and generally are annoying as hell.

Fencer likes this.
  20. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

This.

And when their precious feline gets smoked by a dog (even one thats tied up/fenced in) they go all apeshit.

Fencer likes this.