1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling armchair lawyers (and real)

Discussion in 'General' started by Fencer, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Did the cat read the "No Trespassing" sign, and just ignored it?

Sweatypants likes this.
  2. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

Curiosity killed the cat.

omatter34 and BigBird like this.
  3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

A. Pussy! Cat?

Too soon?

4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Ya know, you really could have kept that story to yourself. :D

BigBird likes this.
  5. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Tell this idiot to pay the hundo before it escalates. Bottom line is his dog was loose and killed someone else’s pet on their property.

Ya know what, he’s such a dickhead for even thinking about not paying I hope it does escalate. I just hope nothing bad happens to the dog because he’s got a moron for an owner.

6. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

Legally, he is only responsible for the value of the cat.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

adopted or store price?

8. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Apologize for the incident, have him tell them he will do all the leg work for the cats final journey. Take cat to dumpster or local asian buffet and dispose of it, buy beer, sit around a campfire with the dog, the next morning scoop up campfire ashes and deliver them in a thoughtful vase to neighbors.

Fencer and badmoon692008 like this.
  9. Mille R

He is only responsible for the value. If adopted, at most the adoption fee. I don't get the whole cremating pets thing. Plant that cat in the pet cemetery and it will come back : )

10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

When I was in school my fraternity had the biggest damn Saint Bernard you ever saw. I'm going to guess and say 240 lbs, maybe bigger. Anyways this dog was a gentle animal....except towards other dogs, then he became almost uncontrollable. His leash was a logging chain and we told the pledges to wrap it around a telephone pole if they came across another dog while taking it out for a walk. One day....the stupid pledge just dropped the chain and Red Bear ate the ladies' poodle right off her leash as she stood there. We tried to hide the damn dog from the cops but, well, there just wasn't any hiding him. It cost us a pretty penny as I recall. Not sure what this has to do with your dilemma.

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

A few hundo seems pretty cheap to get rid of a cat person.

lazlo likes this.
  12. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

pretty sure he's lucky it killed the cat, money wise... had there been vet bills to the tune of $2000 he would be responsible for that.. i'd pay the $200 before he gets taken to small claims and is potentially awarded some pain and suffering loss, and court filing fee of $175 or so. In addition to as someone pointed out earlier, the county being alerted to the potential for the dog being dangerous, and (again, potentially) being put down.

13. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

My local vet only charged $20 to dispose of one of our dogs when it was killed a few years ago, $200 seems very high to me.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No, he followed the cat home. I'm not even sure why this is a thread. Pay for the damn cremation before it gets worse. Then it's between you and your dog sitter.

MELK-MAN and PMooney Jr. like this.
  15. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Pay the cremation fee, and take that amount out of the housesitter's fee.

16. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'm with the group. Tell your friend to suck it up, pay the bonfire bill and move on. Be glad that's all they're asking for. Up here that dog would be a goner too. :(.

17. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Up here leash laws apply to cats as well as dogs.

But just tell them the dog is a police dog chasing a cat that comitted a felony (say murdering a mouse) in front of said dog and turned and pulled a weapon on the dog. Dog, fearing for his life, then went self defense on the cat to neutralize the threat. :)

Fencer likes this.
  18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What color are said dog and cat?

19. Mille R

20. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Dog owner should send cat owner some Chinese food as a memorial/peace offering meal.

Kung Pow kitten preferably

auminer, Fencer and YamahaRick like this.